    is compatible with most laptops with a removable 2.5" drive.

    I will ship the hard drive either blank (formatted NTFS) or with the
    stock Toshiba image, winning bidders choice. Drive works perfectly!
    Dr.SmartMedia, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    Sorry, this Microsoft newsgroup is not a forum for peddling your
    old hard drive. Please refrain from doing so in the future!

    "These communities were created as a forum for providing peer-to-peer
    assistance related to using Microsoft products and services. We ask that
    you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements that do not pertain
    directly to the intended use and purpose of the newsgroup."

    Microsoft Newsgroup Rules of Conduct

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Aug 1, 2004

  3. Dr.SmartMedia

    Sabineellen Guest

    Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    rec.photo.digital is a "Microsoft newsgroup"??!

    Sabineellen, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    Plonk!

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42184&item=3496242740

    Star Fleet Admiral Q, Aug 1, 2004
  5. Dr.SmartMedia

    Robert Barr Guest

    Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    Note that it's cross-posted to death.

    A complaint has been filed at eBay.

    Robert Barr, Aug 1, 2004
  6. Dr.SmartMedia

    Nostrobino Guest

    "Sabineellen" <> wrote in message

    > rec.photo.digital is a "Microsoft newsgroup"??!

    The original poster cross-posted to several NGs, including a Microsoft
    newsgroup.

    Nostrobino, Aug 1, 2004
  7. Dr.SmartMedia

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    Ebay abuse

    Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

    UseNet SPAM policy:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Be sure to include all headers.

    For those on other newsgroups, if you newsgroup allows ebay ads and other
    spam, you may still be able to file a complaint based on this ahole's
    spamming of unrelated newsgroups, thereby adding a pile of extra junk into
    yours.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 2, 2004
  8. Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    I have a website for you. EBAY!

    Oh, and I reported your SPAM to your ISP (). They usually
    don't pay attention to the first couple of times, but they will confront
    you if you continue.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Nathan McNulty, Aug 2, 2004
  9. Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    Also, report it to his ISP at ;)

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Nathan McNulty, Aug 2, 2004
  10. Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 02:26:57 GMT, "Tony Spadaro"
    <> wrote:

    >Ebay abuse
    >
    >Ebay contact, including SPAM complaints:
    >http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
    >
    >UseNet SPAM policy:
    >http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html
    >
    >Be sure to include all headers.
    >
    >For those on other newsgroups, if you newsgroup allows ebay ads and other
    >spam, you may still be able to file a complaint based on this ahole's
    >spamming of unrelated newsgroups, thereby adding a pile of extra junk into
    >yours.

    Dip, if they allow e-bay and 'other spam', why would htey complain? &
    How, excactly, is ONE POST considered SPAM?
    --
    gburnore@databasix dot com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
    Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
    Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com
    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 2, 2004
  11. Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:50:59 -0700, Nathan McNulty <>
    wrote:

    >Also, report it to his ISP at ;)

    Cox.net is VERY good at investigating. When they do, they'll see the
    discussion including you telling everyone to email them and your
    complaint will then be ignored. That what you intended?
    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 2, 2004
  12. Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    Two things. First off, how would you not consider this spam. You are
    advertising your product without authorization. This is clearly spam
    and we could have done without it. We know where eBay is.

    Second, if and when cox.net investigates, I hope they see the people who
    are displeased with your spamming and see that it does not belong here.
    Do you know what these newsgroups would look like if everyone trying to
    sell a peice of hardware posted just one post about it? Nobody would
    ever be able to get help with their questions because you wouldn't be
    able to sift through SPAM and legit help requests.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Nathan McNulty, Aug 2, 2004
  13. Re: 80GB SPAM HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP SHIBABUZZ

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 02:33:17 -0700, Nathan McNulty <>
    wrote:

    >Two things. First off, how would you not consider this spam.

    SPAM is well defined and his post doesn't fit the definition.

    >You are advertising your product without authorization.

    _I_'m not advertising anything and autourization has nothing to do
    with labeling it spam.

    > This is clearly spam

    Because you say so? Feh.

    > and we could have done without it.

    We all could have, but it was a misplaced post, not SPAM.

    > We know where eBay is.
    >
    >Second, if and when cox.net investigates, I hope they see the people who
    >are displeased with your spamming and see that it does not belong here.

    I don't have an account at cox, dipshit. I don't carre what they
    discover.

    >Do you know what these newsgroups would look like if everyone trying to
    >sell a peice of hardware posted just one post about it?

    Still doesn't make it spam.

    >Nobody would
    >ever be able to get help with their questions because you wouldn't be
    >able to sift through SPAM and legit help requests.

    You obviosuly have a reading comprehension problem. That's likely the
    cause of your problems.

    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 2, 2004
  14. Dr.SmartMedia

    E. Le Phant Guest

    Re: 80GB 4200 RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE FOR LAPTOP TOSHIBA

    "Star Fleet Admiral Q"
    <Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)@(FORGET-SPAM)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Plonk!

    Oh my god, that's certainly going to teach him not to spam isn't it?
    Listen, idiot, who gives a good goddam if you plonk someone?
    E. Le Phant, Aug 2, 2004
  15. Dr.SmartMedia

    JHEM Guest

    Carey Frisch [MVP] <> wrote:
    > Sorry, this Microsoft newsgroup is not a forum for peddling your
    > old hard drive. Please refrain from doing so in the future!

    Only if _you_, and the rest of the mental midgets heaping abuse on the OP,
    refrain from cross-posting to other NGs where the OP's post was neither OT
    nor SPAM!

    --
    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Aug 2, 2004
  16. Dr.SmartMedia

    Steve Young Guest

    "JHEM" <James@ESAD_SPAMMERS.thinkpads.com> wrote in message
    > Carey Frisch [MVP] <> wrote:
    > > Sorry, this Microsoft newsgroup is not a forum for peddling your
    > > old hard drive. Please refrain from doing so in the future!

    > Only if _you_, and the rest of the mental midgets heaping abuse on the
    > OP, refrain from cross-posting to other NGs where the OP's post was
    > neither OT nor SPAM!

    well, over here, nostrils flare, hair bristles and the shoutin breaks out
    :(
    Steve Young, Aug 2, 2004