    drivers? Is there another way other then using the XP installation dick?
    --
    Still Learning and Always gratefull for the help
    =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=, Mar 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    meterguru:
    If the keyboard has an F lock key verify that it's locked when you
    hit F6. Normally the default is unlocked. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
    Dennis Pack, Mar 17, 2007

  3. What keyboard are you using? If it's a USB keyboard, you probably need to
    change your BIOS settings to enable legacy mode detection. But if you can
    locate a PS/2 style keyboard for the install that should help. There's no
    other _reasonable_ way to get there. (Integrating drivers into a custom
    image is possible, but non-trivial.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 17, 2007
  4. Still no luck. It's a new PS2 keyboard I have even switch with another and
    tried with F Lock on and off. But the F2 key works to take me to automated
    recovery. I'm still tinkering and search the internet for other possible
    answers. I have even tried another XP install disk. There has got to be
    something I'm missing and I know it is probably right in front of me, so I'll
    keep at it.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=, Mar 17, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Do you have a floppy installed?

    John Barnes, Mar 17, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=

    Dshai Guest

    I may be wrong here, it's been a while since I dealt with this, but when
    installing XP the F6 key doesn't breed an immediate response, instead it
    goes on with copying files then comes to a point where it asks for the
    driver disk, as I said I could be wrong but I think that's how I remember it
    working.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Mar 19, 2007
  7. That is correct. Once it gets to that point, it will prompt, you hit the S
    key, insert the floppy, and follow the prompts.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 19, 2007
  8. There is also the possibility that the Floppy isn't correctly structured -
    that is if you extracted it from a ZIP file, or something. This is not
    completely intuitive, I´ve managed to screw this up pretty thoroughly
    myself, once.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 19, 2007
  9. Hello,
    So what type of Floppy do we have installed?
    Is it USB or is it attached to a floppy controller? Is there only one
    floppy, what type of floppy drive ( 1.44? 2.88? something else?)
    What are the file names and directories in the root of the floppy drive?
    The repsonse isn't immediate, there will be some delay before the floppy
    disk is looked at.
    Is the floppy ever even attempted to be read by setup? Does the floppy
    light come on like setup is trying to read it?
    The floppy drive has to be enumerated and made available to setup by the
    system BIOS as the A Drive ( we may attempt to read the B drive as well,
    it's been to long since I tried this)
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Mar 20, 2007
  10. Is a floppy A: drive required to do a clean install of a Vista x64 ISO file
    or x64 DVD?

    I was thinking of buying Vista x32 and requesting the x64 version from
    Microsoft. My computer is new, 64-bit capable (Intel duo core 2400-EM64T)
    with XP Pro x32 OS and 2GB memory. The Widows Vista Upgrade Advisor says I'm
    OK for Vista.

    But it has no floppy drive.

    I have some mathematical analysis software in both x32 and x64 versions that
    I would very much like to run in x64.

    I tried upgrading to XP Pro x64 with the free trial ISO file and ran into
    the A: drive requirement. Don't want to buy a USB floppy if I don't have to.
    And maybe the need to disconnect USB hardware other than keybord and mouse
    would defeat the USB floppy solution anyway.

    Is a floppy A: drive required for a clean install of Vista x64?

    --
    kblaine

    =?Utf-8?B?a2JsYWluZQ==?=, Mar 20, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=

    Theo Guest

    No. Vista will accept drivers from a USB key or a CD/DVD drive.

    Theo, Mar 20, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bWV0ZXJndXJ1?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Vista64 does not require a floppy (finally) :)

    John Barnes, Mar 20, 2007
  13. Thank you John and Theo for all the help you give on these forums. Much
    appreciated.
    --
    kblaine

    =?Utf-8?B?a2JsYWluZQ==?=, Mar 20, 2007