    I pressed f6. Windows asked me to press s, insert the floppy, and press
    enter. I did all of these things. Windows pretended as if there were no disk
    in the drive! Anyone know how to solve this problem?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=, Sep 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You probably don't have the correct 64-bit drivers. I suggest you provide
    some system information if you want help. MOBO drive type you are
    installing to, chipset on the MOBO etc.

    John Barnes, Sep 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Ned" <> wrote in message
    >I attempted to install x64 windows on a raid 0 array. I got the drivers of
    > floppy disk.
    > I pressed f6. Windows asked me to press s, insert the floppy, and press
    > enter. I did all of these things. Windows pretended as if there were no
    > disk
    > in the drive! Anyone know how to solve this problem?

    You must have the *64 Bit* drivers on the diskette, not the 32 bit version.

    Hint: You are installing a *64 Bit* Operating System. 32 bit drivers will
    not work.

    Hint: Have you collected the *64 Bit* drivers for your motherboard, chipset
    and hardware?
    32 bit drivers will not work.

    Hint: 32 Bit drivers will not work.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 11, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=

    Mirko Guest

    Hi,

    Make sure you also have the appropriate "TXTSETUP.OEM" file in the root of
    the floppy disk.
    If you've put the file in a sub-folder or don't have this file at all, then
    it won't work.

    "Ned" <>
    :...

    Mirko, Sep 11, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=, Sep 11, 2005
  6. what are the files and the structure of the floppy. And is it actually going
    out to read the floppy after you press F6?

    If you don't have the right files in the right structure, it will act as if
    you don't have the drivers. I just looked at the Tyan posted nvidia drivers,
    and I don't believe they are properly decorated for x64. You might want to
    check on www.planetamd64.com for nvidia raid drivers that match your
    controller. Or talk to Tyan, since they're the ones who _should_ supply the
    right drivers. But my read of those is that they won't work.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 11, 2005
  7. The file TXTSETUP.OEM consists of this text:

    ;
    ; format for txtsetup.oem.
    ;
    ; Follow this format for non-PNP adapters ISA
    ;
    ; Follow the txtsetup.oem in initio for PNP adapters like PCI and ISAPNP
    ;
    ; Txtsetup.oem is a generic way to install Storage adapters to get them
    through
    ; textmode setup. Do as little as possible and allow GUI mode setup to do
    the
    ; remaining work using the supplied inf.
    ;
    ; General format:
    ;
    ; [section]
    ; key = value1,value2,...
    ;
    ;
    ; The hash ('#') or semicolon (';') introduces a comment.
    ; Strings with embedded spaces, commas, or hashes should be double-quoted
    ;

    ; This section lists all disks in the disk set.
    ;
    ; <description> is a descriptive name for a disk, used when
    ; prompting for the disk
    ; <tagfile> is a file whose presence allows setup to recognize
    ; that the disk is inserted.
    ; <directory> is where the files are located on the disk.
    ;
    [Disks]
    d1 = "NVIDIA RAID DRIVER (SCSI)",\disk1,\

    ; This section lists the default selection for each 'required'
    ; hardware component. If a line is not present for a component,
    ; the default defaults to the first item in the [<component_name>]
    ; section (see below).
    ;
    ; <component_name> is one of computer, display, keyboard, mouse, scsi
    ; <id> is a unique <within the component> string to be associated
    ; with an option.
    [Defaults]
    scsi = RAIDCLASS

    ; This section lists the options available for a particular component.
    ;
    ; <id> is the unique string for the option
    ; <description> is a text string, presented to the user in a menu
    ; <key_name> gives the name of the key to be created for the component in
    ; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\Services
    [scsi]
    RAIDCLASS = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)"
    BUSDRV = "NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (required)"

    ; This section lists the files that should be copied if the user
    ; selects a particular component option.
    ;
    ; <file_type> is one of driver, port, class, dll, hal, inf, or detect.
    ; See below.
    ; <source_disk> identifies where the file is to be copied from, and must
    ; match en entry in the [Disks] section.
    ; <filename> is the name of the file. This will be appended to the
    ; directory specified for the disk in the [Disks] section to form the
    ; full path of the file on the disk.
    ; <driverkey> this is the name that will show under the services\driver key
    ; this should be the same name as the driver that is being installed.
    [Files.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
    driver = d1,nvrdx64.sys,RAIDCLASS
    inf = d1,nvrdx64.inf
    dll = d1,nvraidco.dll
    catalog = d1,nvata.cat

    [Files.scsi.BUSDRV]
    driver = d1,nvatax64.sys,BUSDRV
    inf = d1, nvrdx64.inf
    dll = d1,idecoi.dll
    catalog = d1, nvata.cat

    ; This section specifies values to be set in the registry for
    ; particular component options. Required values in the services\xxx
    ; key are created automatically -- use this section to specify additional
    ; keys to be created in services\xxx and values in services\xxx and
    ; services\xxx\yyy.
    ;
    ; This section must be filled out for storage controllers that
    ; are PNP adapters like PCI and ISA PNP adapters. Failure to do this
    ; can cause the driver to fail to load. Must also add the section
    ; [HardwareIds.scsi.ID] to identify the supported ID's.
    ;
    ; <value_name> specifies the value to be set within the key
    ; <value_type> is a string like REG_DWORD. See below.
    ; <value> specifies the actual value; its format depends on <value_type>
    ;
    [Config.RAIDCLASS]

    [Config.BUSDRV]

    ; A HardwareIds.scsi.Service section specifies the hardware IDs of
    ; the devices that a particular mass-storage driver supports.
    ;
    ; [HardwareIds.scsi.Service]
    ; id = "deviceID","service"
    ;
    ; HardwareIds.scsi.Service
    ; Service specifies the service to be installed.
    ;
    ; <deviceId > Specifies the device ID for a mass-storage device.
    ; <service > Specifies the service to be installed for the device.
    ;The following example excerpt shows a HardwareIds.scsi.Service section for
    a disk device:
    ;

    [HardwareIds.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
    id = "GenNvRaidDisk","nvrdx64"
    id = "*_NVRAIDBUS","nvrdx64"
    id = "*NVRAIDBUS","nvrdx64"

    [HardwareIds.scsi.BUSDRV]
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054", "nvatax64"
    id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055", "nvatax64"

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=, Sep 12, 2005
  8. Hello Ned,
    It doesn't appear to be decorated, but I don't think that we are getting
    that far.
    Where is this file located?
    Is in the root of the floppy? Is in on the floppy?
    Is this floppy internal or is it external USB? If it's external is the bios
    setup to recognize the floppy as a floppy at boot time?
    Is it the A or B floppy disk?
    Did you try the files on the 1.2 floppy?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?= <>
    <Subject: Re: f6 drivers not detected
    <Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:21:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <
    <The file TXTSETUP.OEM consists of this text:
    <
    <;
    <; format for txtsetup.oem.
    <;
[...]
    <"Mirko" wrote:
    <
    <> Hi,
    <>
    <> Make sure you also have the appropriate "TXTSETUP.OEM" file in the root
    of
    <> the floppy disk.
    <> If you've put the file in a sub-folder or don't have this file at all,
    then
    <> it won't work.
    <>
    <>
    <>
    <> :...

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Sep 13, 2005
  9. it is on the floppy, I'm not sure whether it is in the root of the floppy,
    although when you open up the floppy, it is one of the first files you see.
    The floppy drive is drive a on a internal floppy chain.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=, Sep 14, 2005
  10. also, i don't currently have 1.2 floppies available. I actually had this
    problem before the computer's bios realised that the 5 1/4 floppy was there.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVk?=, Sep 14, 2005