    the top bidder. :)

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    Kind regards... Clark

    Clark Mills, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    Re: F/S: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUXpersonalised plate

    Clark Mills wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I think this is NZ Comp related.
    >
    > I'll never use these so I have decided to let them move on to a more
    > worthy home. (Read "someone who will actually make use of").
    >
    > Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be
    > the top bidder. :)
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm
    >
    > Kind regards... Clark

    lol...

    bugger cant afford $1750...

    :/

    oh well

    Interesting that its only new users bidding....

    Thing

    thing, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Clark Mills

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Re: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalised plate

    Clark Mills wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I think this is NZ Comp related.
    >
    > I'll never use these so I have decided to let them move on to a more
    > worthy home. (Read "someone who will actually make use of").
    >
    > Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be
    > the top bidder. :)
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm
    >
    > Kind regards... Clark

    Hi Clark, it's Lydia's friend Nik, just saying hello :)

    Nik Coughin, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Re: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalised plate

    "Clark Mills" <> wrote in message
    > Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be the
    > top bidder. :)
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and then
    nothing since then...

    Andrew

    Andrew Bryson, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    Andrew Bryson wrote:
    > "Clark Mills" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to be the
    >>top bidder. :)
    >>
    >>http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    > It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and then
    > nothing since then...
    >
    > Andrew

    Probably outside most ppls pockets.

    can you buy/swap "private" plates?

    regards

    thing

    thing, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Clark Mills

    Clark Mills Guest

    thing wrote:
    > can you buy/swap "private" plates?

    Hi thing, sure can.

    To be honest I don't know how the "Investment Plates" thing works though
    but that's a different kettle of fish.

    Kind regards... Clark

    Clark Mills, Sep 14, 2004
  7. Clark Mills

    Kent Smith Guest

    Andrew Bryson wrote:
    > "Clark Mills" <> wrote in message
    >> Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to
    >> be the top bidder. :)
    >>
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    > It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and
    > then nothing since then...

    I'd trust a user with no feedback bidding $2000+ on an auction, wouldn't
    you?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Sep 14, 2004
  8. Clark Mills

    Chris Hope Guest

    thing wrote:

    > can you buy/swap "private" plates?

    You can buy/swap personalised plates but not the standard issue type ones
    (ie the ones like AHR525). There are a few places they can be sold
    including websites like the Personalised Plates one (of which I am the
    webmaster) and magazines like auto trader. But they can be sold any which
    way you want including on auction sites like TradeMe.

    Chris Hope, Sep 15, 2004
  9. Clark Mills

    Chris Hope Guest

    Clark Mills wrote:

    > To be honest I don't know how the "Investment Plates" thing works though
    > but that's a different kettle of fish.

    You're right - they're a different kettle of fish :)

    They are a bunch of "special" plates with 1 or 2 number/letter combinations
    and then some other ones with eg repeating letters and number like say
    000999. They were created with a whole range of pricing values down to only
    a few thousand. But like with any of these types of "investments" it's all
    down to perceived value. As an example "Z" is curently listed on the
    Personalised Plates site for $250k and "J" for $130k. You can tell the
    investement ones on a car as they are blue instead of the standard black
    (although there's now also red plates, but they don't indicate any special
    investment type status; they just look cool).

    Chris Hope, Sep 15, 2004
  10. Re: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalisedplate

    Chris Hope wrote:
    > (of which I am the
    > webmaster)

    Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those fucking ads on
    the radio twice per ad break is not good.

    I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
    get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.

    heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.

    like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
    What a moron...

    /rant.
    but seriously, they are really annoying.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 15, 2004
  11. Clark Mills

    Chris Hope Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> (of which I am the
    >> webmaster)

    > Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those fucking ads on
    > the radio twice per ad break is not good.
    >
    > I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
    > get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.
    >
    > heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.
    >
    > like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
    > What a moron...
    >
    > /rant.
    > but seriously, they are really annoying.

    I'll play the "I'm just the webmaster" card :) But I agree the ads can be
    annoying, not that I listen to the stations they advertise on. They sell a
    shitload of plates because of them though.

    Chris Hope, Sep 15, 2004
  12. Clark Mills

    Bret Guest

    Re: linux.co.nz domain name, 0800 4LINUX (phone number), LINUX personalised plate

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:21:16 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >Chris Hope wrote:
    >> (of which I am the
    >> webmaster)

    >Can you tell your advertising/PR dept that having those fucking ads on
    >the radio twice per ad break is not good.
    >
    >I considered getting one a while back, but those ads make the people who
    >get them out as complete dikwads, so I have moved away from getting one.
    >
    >heh, I guess it is reverse advertising, it turns you off the product.
    >
    >like for the car boat combo "k c ra" "c ra"
    >What a moron...
    >
    >/rant.
    >but seriously, they are really annoying.

    Or the annoying Westie Ewan.

    Bret, Sep 15, 2004
  13. Clark Mills

    thing Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:
    > Andrew Bryson wrote:
    >
    >>"Clark Mills" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Auction closes tomorrow afternoon and interestingly BillG seems to
    >>>be the top bidder. :)
    >>>
    >>>http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Other/auction-15529388.htm

    >>It is a little weird that there were lots of bids on 6 September and
    >>then nothing since then...
    >>

    > I'd trust a user with no feedback bidding $2000+ on an auction, wouldn't
    > you?
    >

    > -KENT

    Well if he pays up....

    no money, no plates....