    I'm about to sign up for an account with voip.co.uk, can you confirm
    that they offer Call Waiting ID? It isn't mentioned on their website.

    Thanks.

    BC, Mar 12, 2007

  2. BC

    Guest

    On 12 Mar, 07:16, BC <> wrote:
    > I'm about to sign up for an account with voip.co.uk, can you confirm
    > that they offer Call Waiting ID? It isn't mentioned on their website.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The penny just dropped! It's controlled from the tone sent by the ATA,
    so the answer is yes!

    , Mar 12, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > On 12 Mar, 07:16, BC <> wrote:
    >> I'm about to sign up for an account with voip.co.uk, can you confirm
    >> that they offer Call Waiting ID? It isn't mentioned on their website.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > The penny just dropped! It's controlled from the tone sent by the ATA,
    > so the answer is yes!

    Yes, it will be the ATA.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 12, 2007
  4. BC

    BC Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    > Yes, it will be the ATA.

    I am now up and running with voip.co.uk.

    The ATA settings they gave me mention a SIP Registrar. Does this need to
    be stored anywhere in the Linksys ATA? I can see where the proxy
    settings go; would the registrar settings go into the outbound proxy?

    BC, Mar 12, 2007
  5. BC wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >

    >> Yes, it will be the ATA.

    > I am now up and running with voip.co.uk.
    >
    > The ATA settings they gave me mention a SIP Registrar. Does this need
    > to be stored anywhere in the Linksys ATA? I can see where the proxy
    > settings go; would the registrar settings go into the outbound proxy?

    I have to say, I'm not sure.

    I think as long you have the proxy setting, username and password
    set-up, all is OK.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 12, 2007
  6. BC

    Guest

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:35:12 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >BC wrote:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>

    >>> Yes, it will be the ATA.

    >> I am now up and running with voip.co.uk.
    >>
    >> The ATA settings they gave me mention a SIP Registrar. Does this need
    >> to be stored anywhere in the Linksys ATA? I can see where the proxy
    >> settings go; would the registrar settings go into the outbound proxy?

    >I have to say, I'm not sure.
    >
    >I think as long you have the proxy setting, username and password
    >set-up, all is OK.

    Correct, voip's settings are so simple they become hard work if you
    have had dealings with other voip providers .

    , Mar 12, 2007
  7. BC

    Tim Guest

    BC wrote:

    > The ATA settings they gave me mention a SIP Registrar. Does this need to
    > be stored anywhere in the Linksys ATA? I can see where the proxy
    > settings go; would the registrar settings go into the outbound proxy?

    The terms Registrar and Proxy tend to get used interchangeably.

    Put the registrar value in the proxy box.

    The Outbound proxy is something different. Only put something in here
    if your provider specifically specifies an Outbound Proxy. I don't
    think you need an outbound proxy for voip.co.uk.

    Ti,

    Tim, Mar 12, 2007
  8. BC

    Paul Hayes Guest

    BC wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >

    >> Yes, it will be the ATA.

    > I am now up and running with voip.co.uk.
    >
    > The ATA settings they gave me mention a SIP Registrar. Does this need to
    > be stored anywhere in the Linksys ATA? I can see where the proxy
    > settings go; would the registrar settings go into the outbound proxy?

    A lot of devices still use the old separate proxy & registrar settings
    which comes from the first specification of SIP (rfc2543, current SIP
    spec is rfc3261). If you actually do a DNS lookup on the registrar and
    proxy addresses you'll see they both point to the same IP address, they
    only exist separately to make it easier for people to configure those
    devices which still have separate proxy & registrar settings in them.

    So my point is, you only need to put the proxy address in. Outbound
    proxy is different, only put anything into it if your service provider
    has specifically given you an outbound proxy address. It's generally
    used for firewall traversal but in the case of voip.co.uk I think their
    normal proxy deals with it all.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Mar 13, 2007
  9. BC

    BC Guest

    Paul Hayes wrote:

    > So my point is, you only need to put the proxy address in. Outbound
    > proxy is different, only put anything into it if your service provider
    > has specifically given you an outbound proxy address. It's generally
    > used for firewall traversal but in the case of voip.co.uk I think their
    > normal proxy deals with it all.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Paul.

    Thanks for everyones repsonses.