EzVPN IOS Client with VPN3k - Tunnel Drops

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matthew Melbourne, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Is anyone successfully using the IOS EzVPN Client to connect to a VPN
    Concentrator? I am attempting to get an 837 to reliably connect to a VPN
    Concentrator (running 3.6.8A) in Network Extension Mode. The EzVPN client
    router is running 12.3(7)T1.

    The connection is established, but drops after a period of time, usually
    after a period of non-activity, where no traffic traverses the IPSec
    tunnel. The only fix appears to be to issue "clear crypto ipsec client
    ezvpn", or a reload of the Concentrator appears to force a tunnel
    re-establishment (even though the remote endpoint is not listed in the
    Concentrator's active sessions).

    Other code revisions, 12.3(7)T and 12.3(4)T4 have been tried with the same
    results. I have disabled idle timeouts in the Group configuration of the
    Concentrator, but that hasn't had an effect. Group and user XAUTH
    authentication is configured, but I've also disabled XAUTH

    Cheers,

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Melbourne