    but, the Microsoft Security Center refuses to except thatat it is installed
    and says that there is no antivirus installed.

    Richard

    jackfrost64, Jul 23, 2005

  2. EZTrust is not ready for 64-bits. It's cousin eTrust AV 7.1 is the
    antivirus from Computer Associates that works on x64. In any event, you
    should not be using EZTrust. eTrust AV 7.1 is not available from the Home
    User portion of the CA website. You have to select Small and Medium
    Business to find it. A free antivirus that works on x64 is Avast!. Some
    users have reported minor issues with it so read back in this newsgroup.
    Avast! is reported by the developer to still be in testing for x64 but
    looking very good.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005

  3. jackfrost64

    jackfrost64 Guest

    I know about avast and have used it but not very happy with it. I wasn't
    born yesterday I know which E trust to down load and did and then Updated to
    current an the security Center still refuses to recognize that any antivirus
    is installed.

    Richard

    jackfrost64, Jul 23, 2005
  4. jackfrost64

    John Barnes Guest

    No need to get testy. This problem has been reported before. See
    X64 locks up at SHUTDOWN sometimes - after running for a few days 7/12/2005
    M Murcek posted his solution

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Don't bother with the question if you can't deal with the answer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005
  6. That's because CA has not submitted EZTrust to MS for inclusion in Secruity
    Center's database. For now you can turn off the red shield in the
    notification area by opening the Security Center and on the panel on the
    left click on the bottom link and then uncheck the bottom box.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005
  7. I bought Norton Security Center Corporate Edition to get their x64 anti-virus
    and it works like a champ. The problem is that it is pretty pricey ($149 on
    eBay), but you have to do what you have to do. It's hell being an early
    adopter sometimes.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Jul 25, 2005