    using its own removal tool, or add-remove pro or with the add/remove
    function in the control panel Anyone have ideas how to remove it, or get it
    to work? thank you
    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004

  2. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    Try running the following command from the Start / Run box:

    c:\windows\unvet32.exe

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:01:04 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004

  3. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    thanks Mike, tried it and it would not remove it either.

    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004
  4. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    Then reinstall eZ over the top of itself, using the
    registration code you have; ignore any error
    messages. When you have reinstalled it, reboot
    and immediately uninstall it. Make sure that you
    have the latest version before you reinstall again,
    and contact C.A. if you continue to have problems.

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:26:52 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  5. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    thanks again Mike.
    I did exactly what you said and it will not
    re-install. I keep getting a message that it is expired and I need to re
    purchase. The third time I tried to re-install it gave me a message that I
    needed to update signature file to make it work, but it would not download
    signature file. I have contacted CA and they are about useless in
    responding. When I check the anti virus box in xp sp2 it says no anti virus
    installed. or they cannot find one. Everytime I try to uninstall I get a
    fail message on the uninstall. Several hours now and I am still waiting to
    hear from CA. I would like to install kaspersky but it keeps saying another
    anti virus is installed and names ez trust.

    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004
  6. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, let's try the forced route. First of all, download and
    install EasyCleaner:
    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

    You could also try version 1.3 of jv16 Power Tools
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=jv16

    Boot into Safe Mode and delete the following folder, completely:
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus

    Now open your registry editor (Start / Run / regedit)
    Delete the following keys:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VETWIN32Vp5

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VETFDDNT

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VET-FILT

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VETMONNT

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VETMSGNT

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VET-REC

    Delete the same VETFDDNT, VET-FLT, VETMONNT, VETMSGNT and VET_REC
    from any "ControlSetXXX" keys, where XXX is a three digit number, eg:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\VETFDDNT

    Delete the following item from the right hand window, NOT the 'Run' key:

    Delete "VetTray"

    Once you have done the above, run the registry cleaner/s to
    clean up any other embedded entries, like CLSIDs.

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:48:03 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  7. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    Okay Mike I fixed it.
    First let me say that I already had easy
    cleaner installed and it did nothing to alleviate the problem. I have tried
    all you suggested with no luck I finally, out of frustration and not knowing
    why, downloaded the free trial version, received a new registration code,
    installed it and all is working as designed now. I have been with ca from
    the time they first came out as a free program and was one of the first to
    purchase it. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the registration
    code was no longer valid and of course I get no response from them. I am a
    little afraid to try and remove it now and install kaperskey (your #1
    choice). I have a year on this free trial and I may just wait until it
    expires and try it then. I am not unhappy with ez trust, just up jumped this
    problem after xp sp2 installation. I do appreciate you and your help and am
    a faithful reader and user of your advice. Thank you very much.

    subscriber

    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004
  8. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    I'm glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the compliments, btw.

    On the subject of eZ vs. KAV, my advice it to change over
    at the earliest oportunity; eZ is fast dropping behind the
    competition in the detection and removal stakes, not to
    mention that C.A. have purchased Pest Patrol and intend
    to integrate it into eZ AV, which will be a BAD thing, IMO;
    it will lead to a bloated product, and a product that tries
    to be everything, much like Norton tries to be. BAD news.

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:34:01 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    >Okay Mike I fixed it.
    > First let me say that I already had easy
    >cleaner installed and it did nothing to alleviate the problem. I have tried
    >all you suggested with no luck I finally, out of frustration and not knowing
    >why, downloaded the free trial version, received a new registration code,
    >installed it and all is working as designed now. I have been with ca from
    >the time they first came out as a free program and was one of the first to
    >purchase it. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the registration
    >code was no longer valid and of course I get no response from them. I am a
    >little afraid to try and remove it now and install kaperskey (your #1
    >choice). I have a year on this free trial and I may just wait until it
    >expires and try it then. I am not unhappy with ez trust, just up jumped this
    >problem after xp sp2 installation. I do appreciate you and your help and am
    >a faithful reader and user of your advice. Thank you very much.
    >
    > subscriber

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  9. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    Mike:
    I went back and checked the expiration date and the trial is only
    good for 30 days. I will bite the bullet and re purchase if necessary after
    the trial period. I tried to update the registration number with the last
    one I was given when I last re purchased and it gives me an invalid #. It is
    cheep enough at $9.00 to re new but I still had 9 months to go. Have any
    ideas as to what may have happened and why my registration number became
    invalid? I don't want to blame xp sp2 but it only happened after the update.
    Everything else works great.

    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004
  10. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    The only thing that I can think of is that the trial
    is set to expire at a certain date, and you have
    reached that date -- I don't have the trial installed,
    so I can't say for sure.

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:47:12 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  11. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    It really does not matter, I have decided to take your good advice and go
    with kaspersky as soon as this trial expires. Thanks again.

    subscriber, Sep 13, 2004
  12. subscriber

    °Mike° Guest

    Good move, and you're welcome.

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:21:51 -0500, in
    <>
    subscriber scrawled:

    >It really does not matter, I have decided to take your good
    >advice and go with kaspersky as soon as this trial expires.
    >Thanks again.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2004
  13. subscriber wrote:

    > re-installed xp sp2 and tried my anti virus again, keep getting
    > message that it has expired and I should purchase a new copy. My copy
    > does not expire for 8 more months.
    > I re-installed ez trust and now it will not download signature
    > updates. I decided to remove it entirely and go with kaspersky

    If you PAID for ez-trust, and it has 8 months to go, why not contact
    their support team instead of ditching it? Sounds more logical.
    Bruce the Shark, Sep 14, 2004