    Thanks
    Robin
    ~:~Robin~:~ My Home Page

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004

  2. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:43:12 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list of
    >files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open. Not
    >scanned".
    >Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit worried
    >about all these files that are not being scanned.

    I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 3, 2004

  3. Howdy!

    "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message
    > I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list of
    > files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open. Not
    > scanned".
    > Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit

    worried
    > about all these files that are not being scanned.

    Depends on the files.

    Virtually none of the AV programs can open the current user's
    registry files in NT-class OSes. Nor can they open the registry files for
    "Local System" or one other system account in XP (the Remote Access
    account).

    The pagefile also won't be opened.

    There will be a few system files that are locked and unopenable,
    too.

    The first three class will be in C:\Documents and
    Settings\%ThisFieldVaries%\ etc.

    Also, the %SystemDir%\System32 variants of the active keys won't be
    opened ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, May 3, 2004
  4. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:43:12 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list

    of
    > >files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open.

    Not
    > >scanned".
    > >Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit

    worried
    > >about all these files that are not being scanned.

    > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.

    I think they are. Most have .dat or .dbx at the end. I think the ones with
    ..dbx are my OE folders. They have Inbox.dbx...etc.
    Thanks
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004
  5. ~*Eternity*~

    Trent SC Guest

    > > >I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list
    > of
    > > >files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open.

    > Not
    > > >scanned".
    > > >Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit

    > worried
    > > >about all these files that are not being scanned.

    > > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.
    > >

    > I think they are. Most have .dat or .dbx at the end. I think the ones

    with
    > .dbx are my OE folders. They have Inbox.dbx...etc.
    > Thanks
    > Robin

    CAB files will traditionally have the suffix .cab and as you said, Inbox.dbx
    is indeed your Outlook Express Inbox. Did you leave OE open while the scan
    was running? Some AV systems won't scan an open or changing file.

    Trent SC, May 3, 2004
  6. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "Trent SC" <> wrote in message

    list
    > > of

    open.
    > > Not

    > > worried
    > > >
    > > > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.
    > > >

    > > I think they are. Most have .dat or .dbx at the end. I think the ones

    > with
    > > .dbx are my OE folders. They have Inbox.dbx...etc.
    > > Thanks
    > > Robin

    > CAB files will traditionally have the suffix .cab and as you said,

    Inbox.dbx
    > is indeed your Outlook Express Inbox. Did you leave OE open while the

    scan
    > was running? Some AV systems won't scan an open or changing file.

    Aha! Yes, I usually have it open always...thanks for that info. But why
    won't it scan the .dat files? What are they for?
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004
  7. ~*Eternity*~

    Special Ed Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:43:12 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >
    > >I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list

    of
    > >files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open.

    Not
    > >scanned".
    > >Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit

    worried
    > >about all these files that are not being scanned.

    > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.
    >
    > --
    > 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    > Riddles II, v3
    > - T. Pratchett

    Here's a list of what etrust does/does not scan on my system:

    eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.1.7.0
    Started scanning: 3:30:22 AM, 5/3/2004
    Major dat file v4008
    Minor dat file v5429
    Macro data file May 3 2004 (VMD Ver 1.6)

    Scanning boot sectors...

    Scanning file(s)...
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\Advertisingcom1.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\DSOExploit.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\DSOExploit1.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\DSOExploit2.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\DSOExploit3.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search &
    Destroy\Recovery\DSOExploit4.zip - scan incomplete.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\INDEX.DAT - unable to open
    file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local
    Settings\History\History.IE5\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT - unable to open file -
    not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG - unable to open
    file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT - unable to open file -
    not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG - unable to open
    file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Cookies\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file -
    not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{8D32DF8B-D3B8-4783-A0C5-FE37E2FC8659}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\cleanup.log - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{8D32DF8B-D3B8-4783-A0C5-FE37E2FC8659}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\Folders.dbx - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{8D32DF8B-D3B8-4783-A0C5-FE37E2FC8659}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\Inbox.dbx - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{8D32DF8B-D3B8-4783-A0C5-FE37E2FC8659}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\Offline.dbx - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{8D32DF8B-D3B8-4783-A0C5-FE37E2FC8659}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express\Pop3uidl.dbx - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local
    Settings\History\History.IE5\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local
    Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012004050320040504\index.dat - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18800.DAT - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18800.IDX - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18801.DAT - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18801.IDX - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18802.DAT - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temp\18802.IDX - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\NTUSER.DAT - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Documents and Settings\tomnvik\ntuser.dat.LOG - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\hiberfil.sys - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\I386\DAJAVA.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\I386\IMS.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\I386\MMSSETUP.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\I386\OSC.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\I386\SP1.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\pagefile.sys - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VIRUSLOG.TXT -
    unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctlog.DAT - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctlog.IDX - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctnames.DAT - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctnames.IDX - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctnumbers.DAT - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Call Trace\db\ctnumbers.IDX - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mode0.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mode1.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\upgrade.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\Program Files\WinPoET Broadband Connection\WrOS.EventLog.txt - unable to
    open file - not scanned.
    C:\System Volume
    Information\_restore{B37680B2-BA0A-4E5D-BF30-83E44C588624}\RP141\change.log
    - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\oakley.log - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\I386\DRIVER.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\I386\SP1.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\D1YWW241.ldb - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_BCM V.92 56K Modem.txt - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\PCHDT_P3.CAB - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\instance_Personal_32_1033.cab -
    scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\package_1.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\package_2.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\package_3.cab - scan incomplete.
    C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\AppEvent.Evt - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\DEFAULT.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SAM.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SecEvent.Evt - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SECURITY.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SysEvent.Evt - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\H323LOG.TXT - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR - unable to open file - not
    scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA - unable to open file -
    not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT067fc.TMP - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\WIADEBUG.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.
    C:\WINDOWS\WIASERVC.LOG - unable to open file - not scanned.

    Finished scanning: 3:46:42 AM, 5/3/2004
    Number of files scanned: 57753.
    Number of files that could not be scanned: 70
    No file viruses detected.

    Special Ed, May 3, 2004
  8. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "Special Ed" <> wrote in message

    > "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:43:12 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > > scribbled:
    > >
    > > >I have EZ Anitvirus and when I check the scan log, there is a huge list

    > of
    > > >files that is not being scanned. Most of which state "unable to open.

    > Not
    > > >scanned".
    > > >Is there some setting or something I do not have right? I am a bit

    > worried
    > > >about all these files that are not being scanned.

    > > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.
    > >
    > > --
    > > 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    > > Riddles II, v3
    > > - T. Pratchett

    > Here's a list of what etrust does/does not scan on my system:
    >
    > eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.1.7.0
    > Started scanning: 3:30:22 AM, 5/3/2004
    > Major dat file v4008
    > Minor dat file v5429
    > Macro data file May 3 2004 (VMD Ver 1.6)

    <snip>
    Wow. That is alot of files not scanned. But I assume it is the same with
    all AV's? Your scan looks alot like mine...
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004
  9. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:56:45 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >"Special Ed" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> > On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:43:12 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    >> > scribbled:

    >> of

    >> Not

    >> worried
    >> >
    >> > I bet they're almost all CAB files, EZ won't scan them.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    >> > Riddles II, v3
    >> > - T. Pratchett

    >> Here's a list of what etrust does/does not scan on my system:
    >>
    >> eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.1.7.0
    >> Started scanning: 3:30:22 AM, 5/3/2004
    >> Major dat file v4008
    >> Minor dat file v5429
    >> Macro data file May 3 2004 (VMD Ver 1.6)
    >>

    ><snip>
    >Wow. That is alot of files not scanned. But I assume it is the same with
    >all AV's? Your scan looks alot like mine...

    Maybe mine's configured differently (i.e. scan infectable not all)
    but the ONLY thing EZ isn't scanning is the Windows CAB files.
    Yeah, mine scanned a total of 5,645 files not 57,753 change your
    configuration for files to scan.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 3, 2004
  10. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:56:45 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"Special Ed" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    list
    > >> of

    open.
    > >> Not
    > >> worried

    > >> Here's a list of what etrust does/does not scan on my system:
    > >>
    > >> eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.1.7.0
    > >> Started scanning: 3:30:22 AM, 5/3/2004
    > >> Major dat file v4008
    > >> Minor dat file v5429
    > >> Macro data file May 3 2004 (VMD Ver 1.6)
    > >>

    > ><snip>
    > >Wow. That is alot of files not scanned. But I assume it is the same

    with
    > >all AV's? Your scan looks alot like mine...

    > Maybe mine's configured differently (i.e. scan infectable not all)
    > but the ONLY thing EZ isn't scanning is the Windows CAB files.
    > Yeah, mine scanned a total of 5,645 files not 57,753 change your
    > configuration for files to scan.

    Ok..I checked and I have this
    "All File Types" button checked under File Types in the scanned options.
    "Standard Scan" "Include Sub folders" and "Heuristic Scan" is checked in
    the scan options tab
    "Infected files" is checked under Reporting tab
    "Scan Boot Sectors" is checked
    Is there something else I should change?
    Thanks
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004
  11. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 11:33:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:56:45 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>

    >> >"Special Ed" <> wrote in message

    >list

    >open.

    >> ><snip>
    >> >Wow. That is alot of files not scanned. But I assume it is the same

    >with
    >> >all AV's? Your scan looks alot like mine...

    >> Maybe mine's configured differently (i.e. scan infectable not all)
    >> but the ONLY thing EZ isn't scanning is the Windows CAB files.
    >> Yeah, mine scanned a total of 5,645 files not 57,753 change your
    >> configuration for files to scan.
    >>

    >Ok..I checked and I have this
    > "All File Types" button checked under File Types in the scanned options.
    >"Standard Scan" "Include Sub folders" and "Heuristic Scan" is checked in
    >the scan options tab
    >"Infected files" is checked under Reporting tab
    >"Scan Boot Sectors" is checked
    >Is there something else I should change?

    Yes, you should change it from scanning "ALL files" to
    scan "files of these types".

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 3, 2004
  12. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 11:33:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:56:45 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > >> scribbled:

    <>

    huge
    > >list

    > >open.

    bit

    > >with
    > >>
    > >> Maybe mine's configured differently (i.e. scan infectable not all)
    > >> but the ONLY thing EZ isn't scanning is the Windows CAB files.
    > >> Yeah, mine scanned a total of 5,645 files not 57,753 change your
    > >> configuration for files to scan.
    > >>

    > >Ok..I checked and I have this
    > > "All File Types" button checked under File Types in the scanned options.
    > >"Standard Scan" "Include Sub folders" and "Heuristic Scan" is checked in
    > >the scan options tab
    > >"Infected files" is checked under Reporting tab
    > >"Scan Boot Sectors" is checked
    > >Is there something else I should change?

    > Yes, you should change it from scanning "ALL files" to
    > scan "files of these types".

    And what file types should I select? Sorry to sound dumb...
    robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 3, 2004
  13. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:41:37 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 11:33:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>

    >> >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    ><>

    >huge
    >> >list
    >> >open.

    >bit

    >> >with

    >> >Ok..I checked and I have this
    >> > "All File Types" button checked under File Types in the scanned options.
    >> >"Standard Scan" "Include Sub folders" and "Heuristic Scan" is checked in
    >> >the scan options tab
    >> >"Infected files" is checked under Reporting tab
    >> >"Scan Boot Sectors" is checked
    >> >Is there something else I should change?

    >> Yes, you should change it from scanning "ALL files" to
    >> scan "files of these types".
    >>

    >And what file types should I select? Sorry to sound dumb...

    The ones in the list?!

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 4, 2004
  14. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:41:37 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 11:33:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > >> scribbled:

    > ><>

    > >huge

    > >bit

    same

    options.

    in

    > >> Yes, you should change it from scanning "ALL files" to
    > >> scan "files of these types".
    > >>

    > >And what file types should I select? Sorry to sound dumb...

    > The ones in the list?!

    Well, wouldn't that be the same thing as the "All Files" choice?
    LOL!

    ~*Eternity*~, May 4, 2004
  15. ~*Eternity*~

    Special Ed Guest

    "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message

    > "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:41:37 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > > scribbled:
    > >

    > > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    <>

    > > ><>

    > > >huge

    "unable

    am
    > > >bit

    > same

    > options.

    checked
    > in

    > > >And what file types should I select? Sorry to sound dumb...

    > > The ones in the list?!
    > >

    > Well, wouldn't that be the same thing as the "All Files" choice?
    > LOL!

    These are the results I get using the "files of these types" option. Fewer
    files are scanned, with some still not scanned at all:

    eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.1.7.0
    Started scanning: 12:33:38 PM, 5/3/2004
    Major dat file v4008
    Minor dat file v5429
    Macro data file May 3 2004 (VMD Ver 1.6)

    Scanning boot sectors...
    C:\ Master Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (1).
    C:\ Partition Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (2).

    Scanning file(s)...
[...]

    Finished scanning: 12:38:55 PM, 5/3/2004
    Number of files scanned: 17567.
    Number of files that could not be scanned: 12
    No file viruses detected.

    Special Ed, May 4, 2004
  16. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:47:09 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:41:37 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>

    >> >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    >> ><>

    >> >huge

    >> >bit

    >same

    >options.

    >in

    >> >And what file types should I select? Sorry to sound dumb...

    >> The ones in the list?!
    >>

    >Well, wouldn't that be the same thing as the "All Files" choice?
    >LOL!

    Right, they've got an option to scan all files and another
    option to scan all files just under it.... Please, do the world
    a favor, if you're going to ask for advice and ignore it just
    sell the computer and buy a Gameboy, it's more your speed.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 4, 2004
  17. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:47:09 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:41:37 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > >> scribbled:

    <>

    "unable

    am

    > >same

    all)

    > >options.

    checked
    > >in

    > >> The ones in the list?!
    > >>

    > >Well, wouldn't that be the same thing as the "All Files" choice?
    > >LOL!

    > Right, they've got an option to scan all files and another
    > option to scan all files just under it.... Please, do the world
    > a favor, if you're going to ask for advice and ignore it just
    > sell the computer and buy a Gameboy, it's more your speed.

    LMAO! Thanks for the advice. wasn't trying to "ignore" it. I didn't
    understand the difference in the two choices and wanted clarification.
    Sorry if I offended you.
    Nice cut, BTW.
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 4, 2004
  18. ~*Eternity*~

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 06:19:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:47:09 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>

    >> >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    ><>

    >"unable

    >am

    >> >same

    >all)

    >> >options.

    >checked
    >> >in

    >> >Well, wouldn't that be the same thing as the "All Files" choice?
    >> >LOL!

    >> Right, they've got an option to scan all files and another
    >> option to scan all files just under it.... Please, do the world
    >> a favor, if you're going to ask for advice and ignore it just
    >> sell the computer and buy a Gameboy, it's more your speed.
    >>

    >LMAO! Thanks for the advice. wasn't trying to "ignore" it. I didn't
    >understand the difference in the two choices and wanted clarification.
    >Sorry if I offended you.
    >Nice cut, BTW.

    You asked for advice, you got advice, you never even bothered to TRY it
    before you started questioning it.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, May 4, 2004
  19. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 May 2004 06:19:56 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:47:09 -0400, "~*Eternity*~" <>
    > >> scribbled:

    <>

    > ><>

    is

    > >"unable

    > >am

    system:

    the

    > >all)

    your

    > >checked

    > >> Right, they've got an option to scan all files and another
    > >> option to scan all files just under it.... Please, do the world
    > >> a favor, if you're going to ask for advice and ignore it just
    > >> sell the computer and buy a Gameboy, it's more your speed.
    > >>

    > >LMAO! Thanks for the advice. wasn't trying to "ignore" it. I didn't
    > >understand the difference in the two choices and wanted clarification.
    > >Sorry if I offended you.
    > >Nice cut, BTW.

    > You asked for advice, you got advice, you never even bothered to TRY it
    > before you started questioning it.

    Ok...np. I said thank you for the advice. Well, isn't that how we learn, to
    ask questions? Nevermind. I don't want to argue. I appreciate your help.
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, May 4, 2004