    Anyone know what is up with it?

    Cheers

    John

    John, Jan 14, 2006

  2. John

    Erick Guest

    That generally means it found nothing to worry about. It's likely an update
    to the program simply moved the "Quarantine" and "Clean" buttons to a
    different dialog based on if it finds anything.

    "John" <> wrote in message
    When I use CA's EZ-Antivirus it seems to scan through everything but
    it doesn't actually do anything other than that anymore. Once the scan
    is complete the only option is to close, there is nothing that
    quarantines or cleans etc.

    I thought the license for this program was for 1 year before you had
    to renew in order to keep using it? I still supposedly have a few
    months left to go but it has already stopped working and is no longer
    enabled, doesn't appear in my start up tray, and doesn't auto-update.

    Erick, Jan 15, 2006

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:49:13 GMT, A strange species called "Erick"
    <> wrote:

    >That generally means it found nothing to worry about. It's likely an update
    >to the program simply moved the "Quarantine" and "Clean" buttons to a
    >different dialog based on if it finds anything.

    Even if it lists things it has found it is not showing any button
    other than to close. And it keeps finding the same things each time I
    scan which is why I believe it is not cleaning or quarantining them.
    Previously I am sure there was a button I could press but there is
    nothing now.

    Also the program no longer starts in the system tray and doesn't
    update automatically. I keep getting a message from Windows every 30
    days or so to tell me its out of date. I then have to manually open
    the program and update it myself.

    John

    John, Jan 15, 2006
  4. John

    Erick Guest

    Sounds like you got a trajon that disables anti-virus software.

    If you have broadband, do the following:
    1. Reboot, and before the Windows "splash screen" appears, start pressing
    the F8 key.
    2. At the boot menu, choose "Safe mode with networking"
    3. Once Windows has loaded, open Internet Explorer and type the following
    address:
    housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/en/index.htm
    4. Choose "Complete Scan"
    5. When prompted, install the ActiveX control.
    6. Choose which drives you want scanned and click Next.

    Let it run. When it is done, and if you don't have a particularly nasty
    pest, you should see a results list. Simply click Next again, and it will
    delete what it found.

    At this point, go ahead and try EZ-AntiVirus while in Safe Mode. Hopefully
    it will work better now. You may still need to uninstall it and reinstall
    it.

    Erick, Jan 16, 2006
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 03:12:49 GMT, A strange species called "Erick"
    <> wrote:

    >Sounds like you got a trajon that disables anti-virus software.
    >
    >If you have broadband, do the following:
    >1. Reboot, and before the Windows "splash screen" appears, start pressing
    >the F8 key.
    >2. At the boot menu, choose "Safe mode with networking"
    >3. Once Windows has loaded, open Internet Explorer and type the following
    >address:
    >housecall60.trendmicro.com/housecall/en/index.htm
    >4. Choose "Complete Scan"
    >5. When prompted, install the ActiveX control.
    >6. Choose which drives you want scanned and click Next.
    >
    >Let it run. When it is done, and if you don't have a particularly nasty
    >pest, you should see a results list. Simply click Next again, and it will
    >delete what it found.
    >
    >At this point, go ahead and try EZ-AntiVirus while in Safe Mode. Hopefully
    >it will work better now. You may still need to uninstall it and reinstall
    >it.

    I have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and none of the keys work until I
    get to the entering password part after the Windows splash. I can't do
    any F8.

    I will try going into msconfig and setting it to restart in safe mode
    and doing it that way.

    Thanks

    John

    John, Jan 16, 2006
  6. John

    Erick Guest

    You might want to get a standard PS2 keyboard, since msconfig forcing safe
    mode doesn't always work too well.

    Erick, Jan 17, 2006