    Rich Guest

    Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    operational definition of an *eye blink*
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Rich wrote:

    > Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    > operational definition of an *eye blink*

    <blink>

    Off the top of my head, how about: a brief extension and closure of the
    eyelids, which serves to lubricate and/or protect the eyeball, followed
    by their immediate retraction.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Rich

    Ionizer Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    > operational definition of an *eye blink*

    "n : a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly"
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=eye blink&r=67

    While on the topic, have you noticed that it's impossible to keep your eyes
    open during a sneeze? This can result in driving for quite a distance at
    highway speeds with your eyes closed during allergy season.

    Ian.
    Ionizer, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Rich

    Harrison Guest

    What happens when I poke my finger in your eye.

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Rich

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ionizer said:

    > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    >> operational definition of an *eye blink*

    > "n : a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly"
    > http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=eye blink&r=67
    >
    > While on the topic, have you noticed that it's impossible to keep your eyes
    > open during a sneeze? This can result in driving for quite a distance at
    > highway speeds with your eyes closed during allergy season.
    >
    > Ian.

    And I have heard that if you sneeze something like 3 or 4 times consecutively
    during a driving test in the UK you get failed.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  6. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:bmfugt$mb0j0$-berlin.de,
    Ionizer <> typed
    || "Rich" <> wrote in message
    ||| Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    ||| operational definition of an *eye blink*
    || "n : a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly"
    || http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=eye blink&r=67
    || While on the topic, have you noticed that it's impossible to keep
    || your eyes open during a sneeze? This can result in driving for
    || quite a distance at highway speeds with your eyes closed during
    || allergy season.
    || Ian.

    Can be used as an excuse for crashing the car, though.

    An auntie of mine sneezed and crashed the car. She really did sneeze, so it
    was the truth... but who could prove otherwise anyway.
    Robert de Brus, Oct 14, 2003
  7. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On 14 Oct 2003 04:25:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >> Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    >> operational definition of an *eye blink*

    > <blink>
    >
    > Off the top of my head, how about: a brief extension and closure of the
    > eyelids, which serves to lubricate and/or protect the eyeball, followed
    > by their immediate retraction.

    Sounds good, thanks
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:04:52 -0700, Rich wrote:

    > Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    > operational definition of an *eye blink*

    you people did not stay very focused.
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Rich

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rich said:

    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:04:52 -0700, Rich wrote:
    >
    >> Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    >> operational definition of an *eye blink*

    > you people did not stay very focused.

    Bad pupils.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:32:01 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Rich said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:04:52 -0700, Rich wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    >>> operational definition of an *eye blink*

    >> you people did not stay very focused.

    > Bad pupils.

    now, would you please be good class and follow the directions...there will
    be a test.
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Rich

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rich said:

    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:32:01 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Rich said:

    >>> you people did not stay very focused.

    >> Bad pupils.

    > now, would you please be good class and follow the directions...there will
    > be a test.

    Aye aye.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  12. Rich

    Harrison Guest

    Is this a school project and you're too lazy to do it yourself?

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003
  13. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:17:23 -0400, Harrison wrote:

    > Is this a school project and you're too lazy to do it yourself?
    >
    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:06:37 -0700, Rich <> wrote:

    >>> Bad pupils.

    >>now, would you please be good class and follow the directions...there will
    >>be a test.

    Yes it is for school,but not an assigment...
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  14. Rich

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rich said:

    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:17:23 -0400, Harrison wrote:
    >
    >> Is this a school project and you're too lazy to do it yourself?

    >>> now, would you please be good class and follow the directions...there will
    >>> be a test.

    > Yes it is for school,but not an assigment...

    May I suggest you get a decent dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary springs
    to mind.
    Although you may find it full of spelling mistakes ;-) *eg*
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  15. Rich wrote:

    > On 14 Oct 2003 04:25:18 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Rich wrote:

    >>> Here is a question for all you critical thinkers. What is a good
    >>> operational definition of an *eye blink*

    >> <blink>

    >> Off the top of my head, how about: a brief extension and closure of the
    >> eyelids, which serves to lubricate and/or protect the eyeball, followed
    >> by their immediate retraction.

    > Sounds good, thanks

    You're welcome.

    I live to blink; I blink to live.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 14, 2003
  16. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:31:45 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Rich said:
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:17:23 -0400, Harrison wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this a school project and you're too lazy to do it yourself?

    >> Yes it is for school,but not an assigment...

    > May I suggest you get a decent dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary springs
    > to mind.
    > Although you may find it full of spelling mistakes ;-) *eg*

    Thanks, I have done that, however, I am looking for other, lets say less
    muddy, definitions. I just thought with all the free flowing advice, and
    criticism, that passes through this group getting a operational definition
    would be a snap...Maybe my question is not pointed enough.
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Rich

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rich said:

    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:31:45 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Rich said:

    >>> Yes it is for school,but not an assigment...

    >> May I suggest you get a decent dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary
    >> springs to mind.
    >> Although you may find it full of spelling mistakes ;-) *eg*

    > Thanks, I have done that, however, I am looking for other, lets say less
    > muddy, definitions. I just thought with all the free flowing advice, and
    > criticism, that passes through this group getting a operational definition
    > would be a snap...Maybe my question is not pointed enough.

    The answers given to you are likely to be the result of someone taking a
    dictionary off their shelf, looking up the word (blink) and quoting what they
    read.
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  18. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:03:27 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Rich said:

    >>> May I suggest you get a decent dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary
    >>> springs to mind.
    >>> Although you may find it full of spelling mistakes ;-) *eg*

    >> Thanks, I have done that, however, I am looking for other, lets say less
    >> muddy, definitions. I just thought with all the free flowing advice, and
    >> criticism, that passes through this group getting a operational definition
    >> would be a snap...Maybe my question is not pointed enough.

    > The answers given to you are likely to be the result of someone taking a
    > dictionary off their shelf, looking up the word (blink) and quoting what they
    > read.

    Hmmm, okay, thanks for helping
    Rich, Oct 14, 2003
  19. Rich

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Rich said:

    >>> Bad pupils.

    >> now, would you please be good class and follow the
    >> directions...there will be a test.

    > Aye aye.

    Put a lid on it, please.
    Before you get a lashing.
    Or is this all a bit eye-brow for you ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  20. Rich

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:bmhip6$m7p8j$-berlin.de,
    slumpy <> typed:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:
    >
    >> Rich said:

    >>> now, would you please be good class and follow the
    >>> directions...there will be a test.

    >> Aye aye.

    > Put a lid on it, please.
    > Before you get a lashing.
    > Or is this all a bit eye-brow for you ?

    jejeje

    --
    Tact, n.:
    The unsaid part of what you're thinking.
    Juan Pérez, Oct 15, 2003