Extremely OT!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I've posted this to nz.wanted but am desperate and am hoping a friend here
    could maybe help. Sorry for the blatant disregard of on/off topicness but
    I'm desperate. I have international visitors arriving tomorrow for a week
    (left it a bit late huh?) and I'm expected to at least drive them a round a
    little bit. For the last few months I've had a hulking great server case on
    the back seat holding the front seat up but that isn't an option when there
    will be four people in the car. I've just spent 20 minutes trying to work
    out a way to fix it. Doesn't seem possible.

    It's a 1982 Mazda 323. (There is a Ford similar I believe) Here's my post to
    nz.wanted. Please, let's not get into a big flame war over this post, it's
    just a one-off, simple request. Try to be magnanimous about it and allow me
    this one indescretion. Thank you, post follows:

    Hey there,

    I'm in Pukekohe and am broke. I can't get another WOF for my car until I get
    a new seat. I suffer from chronic back pain and have to keep pushing back
    with my shoulders to reposition myself into some semblance of comfort.
    Unfortunately the reclining mechanism has given up the ghost and now the
    seat back just lies flat on the back seat. The local wreckers don't have and
    said they're getting old/hard to find and could cost me more than I have to
    track one down.

    If anyone whitin an hours drive of me has one I could get cheaply or for a
    few beers I would be very appreciative. It's a 5 door hatch but I guess a
    saloon seat would be the same. Darn, any seat that bolts in and stays
    upright would be good.

    Happy New Year,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 31, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Baldman wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I've posted this to nz.wanted but am desperate and am hoping a
    >> friend here could maybe help. Sorry for the blatant disregard of
    >> on/off topicness but I'm desperate. I have international visitors
    >> arriving tomorrow for a week (left it a bit late huh?) and I'm
    >> expected to at least drive them a round a little bit. For the last
    >> few months I've had a hulking great server case on the back seat
    >> holding the front seat up but that isn't an option when there will
    >> be four people in the car. I've just spent 20 minutes trying to work
    >> out a way to fix it. Doesn't seem possible.
    >>
    >> It's a 1982 Mazda 323. (There is a Ford similar I believe) Here's my
    >> post to nz.wanted. Please, let's not get into a big flame war over
    >> this post, it's just a one-off, simple request. Try to be
    >> magnanimous about it and allow me this one indescretion. Thank you,
    >> post follows:
    >>
    >> ***************************************************
    >>
    >> Hey there,
    >>
    >> I'm in Pukekohe and am broke. I can't get another WOF for my car
    >> until I get a new seat. I suffer from chronic back pain and have to
    >> keep pushing back with my shoulders to reposition myself into some
    >> semblance of comfort. Unfortunately the reclining mechanism has
    >> given up the ghost and now the seat back just lies flat on the back
    >> seat. The local wreckers don't have and said they're getting
    >> old/hard to find and could cost me more than I have to track one
    >> down.
    >>
    >> If anyone whitin an hours drive of me has one I could get cheaply or
    >> for a few beers I would be very appreciative. It's a 5 door hatch
    >> but I guess a saloon seat would be the same. Darn, any seat that
    >> bolts in and stays upright would be good.
    >>
    >> Happy New Year,
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Misfit - still need a hand with this?

    I still don't have a seat.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 4, 2005

  3. ~misfit~

    Baldman Guest

    Baldman, Jan 4, 2005
  4. ~misfit~

    Baldman Guest

    Baldman, Jan 4, 2005
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Baldman wrote:
    > Baldman wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> I still don't have a seat.
    >>> --
    >>> ~misfit~
    >>>

    >> Might be able to jury rig something - I can pop out on Saturday
    >> morning and have a look if ya like... possibly even get the seat
    >> welded/fixed in an upright position... fire an email at nhowe at
    >> sanfa.co.nz for details if ya like.

    > ...have also sourced a potential seat - might be looking at the 10 -
    > 20 dollar mark, huge I know... <wink> but need to ring and see if it's
    > available... the guy owes me a few favours, so will see what I can do
    > there as well.

    That would be awesome if possible. I just got given $30 so I'm rich!!! I can
    be reached on misfitnz with a gmail account, or misfit at orcon (but the
    spam checker is very aggresive)

    Busy on Saturday morning/early afternoon taking my guests to the airport but
    anytime after would be great. Maybe I can meet you?

    Very much appreciated by the way, happy new year.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 4, 2005
  6. ~misfit~