    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005

  2. CBIC

    C Guest

    http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050901/480/gagb10409010035

    good day

    C, Sep 1, 2005

  3. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    > The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise their
    > prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for them to
    > lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe has been
    > paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until now but now
    > that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I think something
    > needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas guzzling F-150.

    My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production will
    drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is releasing some strategic oil
    reserve to compensate so there is no excuse for a $4 spike.

    I hate blue falcons...
    Jtyc, Sep 1, 2005
  4. CBIC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message
    > http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050901/480/gagb10409010035
    >
    > good day

    You know, what's the point of keeping that tenths of a cent anymore? I mean
    for every ten gallons (60 bucks at premium) you save a WHOPPING PENNY!

    Cripes, just lose that last digit already.

    Now I'm REALLY feeling old because I can still remember when gas was under
    20 cents a gallon. When I was old enough to drive it was almost twice that,
    but I could still fill-up my car for 3-4 bucks!

    Somebody needs to invent a car that will run on milk. That's still under
    $4/gallon last time I checked.
    Frisbee®, Sep 1, 2005
  5. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  6. CBIC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise
    >> their prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for
    >> them to lower it after the price of crude oil drops? I know that Europe
    >> has been paying high petrol prices for years and we've been lucky until
    >> now but now that we've annexed Iraq the prices should be going down. I
    >> think something needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas
    >> guzzling F-150.

    > My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production
    > will drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is releasing some strategic
    > oil reserve to compensate so there is no excuse for a $4 spike.

    I think a reasonably good excuse for a spike is the fact that a lot of the
    refineries are in the nawlins area, and out of commission at least for now.
    Drop in supply increases prices, Economics 101. I also remember reading
    somewhere recently that if we had processing plants that could handle "heavy
    crude" we'd be able so see a significant drop in prices, as the barrels are
    cheaper. There's at least one refinery to handle heavy crude that's been on
    the drawing board for something like five years already, hasn't broken
    ground yet, and is not expected to be in operation until something like
    2010. Red Tape at its finest.
    Frisbee®, Sep 1, 2005
  7. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    > My personal opinion is that the immediate spike is gouging. Production
    > will drop because of the hurricane but the Fed is
    > releasing some strategic oil reserve to compensate so there is no
    > excuse for a $4 spike.

    How much are you paying on the left coast? We just hit over $3.00/gal. in
    the upper Midwest.

    > I hate blue falcons...

    That's good to know.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  8. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    > I think a reasonably good excuse for a spike is the fact that a lot
    > of the refineries are in the nawlins area, and out of commission at
    > least for now. Drop in supply increases prices, Economics 101.

    Yeah I get this but my gripe is with the stations that jack thier prices
    immediately. The least they could do is sell the gas that came in the last
    truck at the profit margin they paid for. What's next, they're gonna call me
    up and say "Our records indicate that you filled gas yesterday and we raised
    our prices since then. Please stop by and give us an extra 30 cents a
    gallon."
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  9. CBIC

    C Guest

    or urine

    C, Sep 1, 2005
  10. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    > cheaper. There's at least one refinery to handle heavy crude that's been
    > on the drawing board for something like five years already, hasn't broken
    > ground yet, and is not expected to be in operation until something like
    > 2010. Red Tape at its finest.

    So assuming gas prices were to stabilize at current prices;
    *doin the figgerin in my head*
    That's only $23,955.75 from now.
    Yehaw!

    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

    MitchS, Sep 1, 2005
  11. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > I think something needs to be done and soon or I'll have to park my gas
    > guzzling F-150.

    I agree, my Dodge at 15 mpg is killing me. $105 to fill up on the cheap
    stuff. On the bright side, my CFO (wife) has suggested and approved an out
    of budget expense for the bike I've been wanting. I guess she figures the
    life insurance will more than cover the depletion of my kid's education
    plan.

    --
    Mitch "If you don't here from me soon bring a spatula" S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Sep 1, 2005
  12. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message
    > or urine

    Hmm. Then that would technically make beer a good investment that protects
    the environment.
    Nice thought.
    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Sep 1, 2005
  13. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    On the bright side, my CFO (wife) has suggested and
    > approved an out of budget expense for the bike I've been wanting. I
    > guess she figures the life insurance will more than cover the
    > depletion of my kid's education plan.

    The only good thing about these prices is I ride my Harley every chance I
    get. Unfortunately I live where it gets too cold to ride in the winter.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  14. The little United Nuclear hydrogen conversion kit (can use gas and hydrogen)
    is starting to look pretty good...

    --
    Bob Christian II
    http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

    Bob Christian, Sep 1, 2005
  15. CBIC

    T-Bone Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote
    > The price of gasoline is too high. Why is it that gas stations raise their
    > prices the day something affects the price but it takes months for them to
    > lower it after the price of crude oil drops?

    'cuz every time they raise the prices, we have to bend over and take it.
    "Gas outs" won't cut it. We just gotta stop driving those big V8 sport-utes.
    Problem is its not worth buying a hybrid because they take about seven years
    to pay off the gas savings.

    The big fad here right now is pressuring the government to get rid of the
    gas tax. However, what people haven't figured out is that the oil companies
    already know how much we are willing to pay. So the price might go down a
    bit once the tax is removed, then the oil companies will boost it right back
    up again and nobody will notice. And right now, its way up. I filled up
    yesterday at 102.9/L. (IIRC .85/L=2.65/US gal.) I hear its already past
    120/L in Toronto.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Sep 1, 2005
  16. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    No worries, the numbness goes away.

    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA
    MitchS, Sep 1, 2005
  17. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    MitchS wrote:
    > No worries, the numbness goes away.

    But frostbite lasts forever!
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Sep 1, 2005
  18. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    I thought they just amputated.

    --
    Mitch S.
    MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

    MitchS, Sep 1, 2005
  19. CBIC

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, T-Bone spewed across the ether:

    > I filled up
    > yesterday at 102.9/L. (IIRC .85/L=2.65/US gal.) I hear its already past
    > 120/L in Toronto.

    Heh, never thought I'd see the day gasoline was cheaper in Canada than the
    US.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Sep 1, 2005
  20. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    > How much are you paying on the left coast? We just hit over $3.00/gal. in
    > the upper Midwest.

    $2.89 on the way out this morning.

    >> I hate blue falcons...

    > That's good to know.

    You probably do to you just don't know it.
    Jtyc, Sep 1, 2005