    usually buy from.

    Thanks,

    Nick

    Nick Rennie, Jun 17, 2008

  2. On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:16:10 +1200, "Nick Rennie" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking at
    >getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper than Ascent, who I
    >usually buy from.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Nick

    What about the shipping cost? Ascent includes it in the price, and
    most other shops do not. On a monitor, it could be quite a bit.

    Stephen Worthington, Jun 17, 2008

  3. Nick Rennie

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Bobs" typed:
    > Nick Rennie wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking
    >> at getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper
    >> than Ascent, who I usually buy from.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Nick
    >>

    > Well, never used them online but their store is only 10 minutes up the
    > road. They're ok - just the usual computer shop from my experience.
    > Pretty good prices though.

    I went up there with a mate to advise him and ended up walking out with a
    CPU cooler and a case for myself. I agree, their prices seem reasonable
    although I wasn't impressed that they kept us standing around for maybe 30
    minutes. (One guy takes the order, another fills it, then passes it to
    another who does the till/EFTPOS...)

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 17, 2008
  4. Nick Rennie

    Seagull Guest

    "Nick Rennie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking
    > at getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper than Ascent,
    > who I usually buy from.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nick

    I have bought several items, mainly at the shop but last week I purchased a
    monitor on line and their price, processing and delivery were excellent.
    I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
    the acid test.

    Seagull, Jun 17, 2008
  5. In article <g388dl$t29$>, Seagull did write:

    > I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
    > the acid test.

    Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 17, 2008
  6. Nick Rennie

    Bobs Guest

    On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In article <g388dl$>, Seagull did write:
    >
    > > I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
    > > the acid test.

    > Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

    How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.
    As long as they replace it with little hassle I would not think any
    less of them.

    Bobs, Jun 18, 2008
  7. In article
    <>, Bobs
    did write:

    > On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <g388dl$>, Seagull did write:
    >>
    >> > I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course,
    >> > is the acid test.

    >> Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

    > How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.

    So what difference does it make, exactly, whether the dudness surfaces
    during the warranty period or not?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 18, 2008
  8. Nick Rennie

    Bobs Guest

    On Jun 18, 12:51 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>, Bobs
    > did write:
    >
    > > On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    > > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

    > >> In article <g388dl$>, Seagull did write:

    > >> Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

    > > How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.

    > So what difference does it make, exactly, whether the dudness surfaces
    > during the warranty period or not?

    Because you are implying it's the fault of the shop if the hardware
    shits itself. 90% of the time its crap from the fabrication plant. I
    don't think Extreme PC handpick their shit from the fab plant.

    Bobs, Jun 18, 2008
  9. Nick Rennie

    Fantail Guest

    On Jun 18, 1:42 pm, Bobs <> wrote:

    > Because you are implying it's the fault of the shop if the hardware
    > shits itself. 90% of the time its crap from the fabrication plant.

    He may be referring to the practice of putting returned hardware
    straight back into stock. The only way that shows up is in the number
    of duds from the retailer.

    Fantail, Jun 19, 2008