Extreme Networks Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by scott.enwright@gmail.com, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    G'day all,

    I hope I'm posting in the right newsgroup. I have a several Extreme
    Networks switchs running STP (as we have multiple paths between them.
    The "Number of Topology Changes" continue to change altough the uplinks
    between the switchs never change state. Is this normal and should I
    expect to see an increment of the toplogy change counter if a
    workstation on an STP enabled port changes state (up to down or down to
    up)? All the workstation ports are configured with "configure stpd s0
    port link-type auto".

    * sw-extremenetworks-1:1 # sh stpd s0
    Stpd: s0 Stp: ENABLED Number of Ports: 50
    Rapid Root Failover: Enabled
    Operational Mode: 802.1W
    802.1Q Tag: (none)
    Ports: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
    13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24
    25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36
    37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48
    49,50
    Active Vlans: biglan
    Bridge Priority: 32768
    BridgeID: 80:00:00:01:30:bb:05:80
    Designated root: 20:00:00:01:30:18:50:a0
    RootPathCost: 4 Root Port: 49
    MaxAge: 20s HelloTime: 2s ForwardDelay: 15s
    CfgBrMaxAge: 20s CfgBrHelloTime: 2s CfgBrForwardDelay: 15s
    Topology Change Time: 35s Hold time: 1s
    Topology Change Detected: FALSE Topology Change: FALSE
    Number of Topology Changes: 586
    Time Since Last Topology Change: 25s

    Regards,

    Scott.