    before, so bare with me please. Any software names and/or tips on how
    to do this (if it's possible at all)?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

    thirdnature, Dec 22, 2005

  2. thirdnature

    Biz Guest

    THe dialog and the music are not seperately stored on dvds....so you cant
    really seperate them....

    Biz, Dec 22, 2005

  3. thirdnature

    Joana B. Guest

    Ok... But then I wonder how do some people rip soundtracks (without
    dialogue) from DVD. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

    Joana B., Dec 23, 2005
  4. thirdnature

    Biz Guest

    SOme DVDs include a seperate soundtrack only audio track, not many
    though....

    Biz, Dec 23, 2005
  5. thirdnature

    Mark W Guest

    > Hi group! I've recently watched a movie that I really thought was
    > great, but I thought the soundtrack could be much better. I compose a
    > bit, and as a personal project I'd like to compose a score for this
    > movie, but for that I would need to extract the soundtrack from it,
    > ideally while keeping the video track and an audio track with the
    > dialogs and sounds. Now maybe this is totally irrealistic, but I
    > thought if some people can rip soundtracks from DVDs without or almost
    > without SFX, for the purpose of keeping the soundtrack, then maybe the
    > opposite goal is reachable.

    Why not re-score the music soundtrack, and then re-dub the dialogue and
    other sound effects while you're at it? That would save a lot of time. In
    fact you could make a special 'cussing' version.

    Mark W, Dec 24, 2005
  6. thirdnature

    Mike Guest

    > Hi group! I've recently watched a movie that I really thought was
    > great, but I thought the soundtrack could be much better. I compose a
    > bit, and as a personal project I'd like to compose a score for this
    > movie, but for that I would need to extract the soundtrack from it,
    > ideally while keeping the video track and an audio track with the
    > dialogs and sounds. Now maybe this is totally irrealistic, but I
    > thought if some people can rip soundtracks from DVDs without or almost
    > without SFX, for the purpose of keeping the soundtrack, then maybe the
    > opposite goal is reachable.
    >
    > I know how to copy DVDs but i've never done this sort of ripping
    > before, so bare with me please. Any software names and/or tips on how
    > to do this (if it's possible at all)?
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

    Try a programme called VirtualDub. Works fine for me.

    Mike, Dec 25, 2005
  7. thirdnature

    Phil Guest

    > before, so bare with me please. Any software names and/or tips on how

    Bare with you ? Is this some kind of porn video :)

    Phil, Dec 31, 2005
  8. thirdnature

    Samira

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    hi

    so now tell me, how does one remove all the talking/dialogue from the dvd leaving just the score music and sfx? i read that someone said to try a program called virtual dub to do that job. If that can remove all the dialogue how do you use it? cause i downloaded it already. thanks a lot:)

    Samira, Oct 25, 2006
  9. thirdnature

    Samira

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    well i keep on searching and searching for a good vocal remover. So far i finally found one exceptional vocal remover. The result when i remove the vocals from my dvd file is a little poorer quality than the original file but its still sounds alright. the name of the program is karaoke sound tools. http://www.softsland.com/Karaoke_Sound_Tools.html. one problem is that the volume is significantly reduced a huge deal when i remove the vocals. i dont know why that is? when im listening to the vocally removed track on headphones its ok but when i take the headphones out and listen to the track on speakers i can barely hear a thing. oh well. + its shareware so i might as well pay through credit card.

    Samira, Nov 11, 2006