    open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
    orientation, anyone know of one?

    , Apr 2, 2007

  2. Steve Wolfe Guest

    >I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
    > open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
    > orientation, anyone know of one?

    I searched google for "c library exif", and what do you know... the first
    entry was "the libexif c library". Searching for "C++ library exif" also
    turned up viable-looking entries for the first few results.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, Apr 2, 2007

  3. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
    > open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
    > orientation, anyone know of one?

    <http://libexif.sourceforge.net/>

    not c/c++ but *very* useful:
    <http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>

    nospam, Apr 2, 2007
  4. Bruce Lewis Guest

    writes:

    > I am hoping there is a fellow programmer here that can point me to a
    > open source C/C++ library for Windows that can read the EXIF
    > orientation, anyone know of one?

    I would download the source for jhead and see what they do. Use their
    code. There's a lack of standardization in some EXIF fields
    (e.g. timestamp) and jhead seems to have a lot of experience with it.
    Maybe orientation is well standardized, but I couldn't say for sure.

    Be warned that the Windows Web Publishing wizard trashes EXIF
    orientation info when it resizes images. It preserves timestamps. I
    haven't checked other EXIF fields.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/
    Amazingly simple photo sharing