    I have a few .wmv video files, and I want to extract the audio from them, to
    put in MP3 format. Any ideas of an easy way to do this?

    Cheers
    Frank Sams, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:30:41 +1200 Frank Sams:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I have a few .wmv video files, and I want to extract the audio from them, to
    > put in MP3 format. Any ideas of an easy way to do this?

    http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~transcode/
    or
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

    to get the audio and

    http://lame.sourceforge.net/

    for mp3

    HTH
    Onno
    --
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
    always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of
    Onno Schiller, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Frank Sams

    Allistar Guest

    Frank Sams wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I have a few .wmv video files, and I want to extract the audio from them,
    > to put in MP3 format. Any ideas of an easy way to do this?
    >
    > Cheers

    I am pretty sure transcode or mplayer will do this.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Frank Sams

    mattlock Guest

    Frank Sams wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I have a few .wmv video files, and I want to extract the audio from them, to
    > put in MP3 format. Any ideas of an easy way to do this?
    >
    > Cheers

    If they use the old version 7 of the codec you can open them up in
    Virtualdub 1.3C by renaming them to .asf, then you can extract the audio
    through that to mp3 using an acm version of Lame.

    Another (not free) way is to use a program called EO Video, it can
    extract audio from the newer wmv files.
    mattlock, Jun 5, 2004
  5. Frank Sams

    RdM Guest

    "Frank Sams" <> asked:

    : Hi Guys,
    :
    : I have a few .wmv video files, and I want to extract the audio from them, to
    : put in MP3 format. Any ideas of an easy way to do this?

    There are programs that will record from whatever you have playing through the
    soundcard, and capture to <whatever format, e.g. mp3> disk. Might be simple.
    RdM, Jun 8, 2004