    in VB, to extract the original date/time from the jpg. I noticed that the
    Shutterfly upload software can see it.

    Chris.

    Chris, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    This is all the info that the Shutterfly software shows about the jpg. Any
    way to get at it....

    Camera Model: SONY CYBERSHOT
    Horizontal Resolution: 1/72 Inch
    Vertical Resolution: 1/72 Inch
    Date and Time: 2003:10:31 17:52:52
    Original Date and Time: 2003:10:31 17:52:52
    Digitized Date and Time: 2003:10:31 17:52:52
    Exposure Time: 1/90 Seconds
    F-Stop: F2
    Exposure Program: Normal
    EXIF Version: 0210
    Max Aperture Value: F2
    Metering Mode: Center-weighted Average
    Flash: Fired
    Focal Length: 10.6 mm
    FlashPix Version: 0100
    Camera Orientation: Top Is Left Side
    Color Space: RGB
    Image Width: 2048
    Image Height: 1536
    File Source: Digital Still Camera
    Scene Type: Directly Photographed
    Chroma Sample Point: Data Point

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > If I rotate my pics, they get todays date/time. Is there any way,

    hopefully

    Chris, Dec 23, 2003

  3. "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > If I rotate my pics, they get todays date/time. Is there any way, hopefully
    > in VB, to extract the original date/time from the jpg. I noticed that the
    > Shutterfly upload software can see it.
    >
    > Chris.

    Exifer (free download) is able to alter the file time stamp to agree with the
    EXIF information.

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Malcolm Stewart, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Chris

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Chris <> wrote:

    > If I rotate my pics, they get todays date/time. Is there any way, hopefully
    > in VB, to extract the original date/time from the jpg. I noticed that the
    > Shutterfly upload software can see it.
    >
    > Chris.

    Not sure if it works the same on Windows, but I usually see a 'date
    Created' flag *and* a 'Date Modified' flag.

    --
    Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v)
    Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G3) (definitely staying)

    Andy Hewitt, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Chris

    Don Coon Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > If I rotate my pics, they get todays date/time. Is there any way,

    hopefully
    > in VB, to extract the original date/time from the jpg. I noticed that the
    > Shutterfly upload software can see it.
    >
    > Chris.

    Hi Chris,

    Since you specifically mentioned it, I assume you can program in Visual
    Basic. If so, using a hex editor look for the location of the date and see
    if it's in a fixed location. It should be easy to write a small program to
    do what you want. In 1999 we spent 2 weeks in eastern Europe when I had a
    Nikon 950. I wrote a program that extracted the date and time from the file
    and renamed it with a two letter prefix for each country. On the 950 it was
    easy to setup folders to store your images --- if I remembered to switch on
    the proper day : )

    On images from my Canon 10D the date is at the front of the file in the same
    location for each image in the format "2003:07:20 16:10:25"

    Best of Luck!

    Don

    Don Coon, Dec 24, 2003