    Do you known a software to extract images from a DVD either the first image
    of each chapter or at least one image by second?

    Thank you

    Grand Titus, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Grand Titus

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Grand Titus <> wrote:
    > I want to make a menu for a video with thumbnails to reach chapter.
    > I use DVDAuthorGUI
    > Do you known a software to extract images from a DVD either the first image
    > of each chapter or at least one image by second?

    The easiest, although probably not the best, way to do this would be to
    play the DVD on your computer and pause it at the spot you want to do the
    picture capture. Then do a screen-capture (hit the "print screen" button
    on the keyboard.) Now open up MS Paint, PhotoShop, etc. and click "Paste".

    You might need to clean up the image or crop it a bit first. Save it as a
    file format that your DVD authoring program can recognize. Then go back
    to your DVD authoring program and import the image.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98

    Doug Jacobs, Jan 30, 2007

  3. Grand Titus

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Doug Jacobs wrote:
    > Grand Titus <> wrote:
    >> I want to make a menu for a video with thumbnails to reach chapter.
    >> I use DVDAuthorGUI
    >> Do you known a software to extract images from a DVD either the first image
    >> of each chapter or at least one image by second?

    > The easiest, although probably not the best, way to do this would be to
    > play the DVD on your computer and pause it at the spot you want to do the
    > picture capture. Then do a screen-capture (hit the "print screen" button
    > on the keyboard.) Now open up MS Paint, PhotoShop, etc. and click "Paste".
    >
    > You might need to clean up the image or crop it a bit first. Save it as a
    > file format that your DVD authoring program can recognize. Then go back
    > to your DVD authoring program and import the image.

    You haven't actually tried that have you?

    To the OP, most DVD playing software will have a button to capture
    frames to either clipboard of to hard drive.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 1, 2007