  1. XP 64 is reporting that mmdriver.inf is possibly corrupt. I can't get sound
    to play through Windows Media. How do I extract the file from the ISO image
    to replace the file on my hard drive?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Use a program like MagicISO to open the ISO up.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Why don't you burn the image to a disk, they search for the file on it?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  4. or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
    search for the file.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005
  5. The ISO is on my hard drive and on CD. It's the XP install that I downloaded
    for evaluation. The file in the ISO is of course labeled as mmdriver.in_
    when opened with Notepad it doesn't appear as the same file on my harddrive
    after installation. So I'm assuming that something special needs to be done,
    e.g. similar to the old days when you had to extract the file from a .cab.

    Charlie, I take a look at the program you suggested.

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 28, 2005
  6. Hello Mark,
    The file is still compressed.
    Run expand.exe mmdriver.in_ mmdriver.inf to expand the file
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <>
    <Subject: Re: Extract File from ISO
    <Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:07:05 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <The ISO is on my hard drive and on CD. It's the XP install that I
    downloaded
    <for evaluation. The file in the ISO is of course labeled as mmdriver.in_
    <when opened with Notepad it doesn't appear as the same file on my
    harddrive
    <after installation. So I'm assuming that something special needs to be
    done,
    <e.g. similar to the old days when you had to extract the file from a .cab.
    <
    <Charlie, I take a look at the program you suggested.
    <
    <Thanks.
    <
    <"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
    <
    <> or bet yet, just extract the iso to a location on your hard disk, then
    <> search for the file.
    <> --
    <> Andre
    <> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    <> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    <>
    <> news:...
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 28, 2005
  7. Darrell,

    Thanks, that's what I finally tried. I replaced the mmdriver.inf file in
    the windows\system32 folder but Windows Media still complains that it can't
    find it.

    Interestingly, the file has about 20 blank lines before the actual data
    starts. I'm going to delete the blank lines and try again. At this point it
    can hurt.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Hello Mark,
    Maybe try it in the \Windows\syswow64 folder as well.
    Since Media Player is 32-bit it may be looking in that folder instead.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <>
    <Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:56:03 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Darrell,
    <
    <""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
    <
    <> Hello Mark,
    <> The file is still compressed.
    <> Run expand.exe mmdriver.in_ mmdriver.inf to expand the file
    <> Thanks,
    <> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    <>
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=" <>
    <> <Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:07:05 -0700
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
[...]
    <> <> --
    <> <> Andre
    <> <> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    <> <> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <> <> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <> <> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
    <> <>
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 28, 2005
  9. You could also use Winrar to extract a file from and .iso file.

    regards,
    --
    Sten

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RlbiBLcm9vbmVuYmVyZw==?=, Jun 29, 2005