    what additional books would you recommend?
    --
    A+, N+, Internetwork Cert, former CCNA && CCDA
    Hitchhiker90, Apr 9, 2007

  2. "Hitchhiker90" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > New guy here. I've been reading the MS Press book for 70-271 and I'm almost
    > finished with it. My question is will I need extra study materials outside
    > of that book? Such as a Sybex or ExamCram book?
    >
    > My background is computers, Associates in Computer Technology, A+, N+
    > certified. Been doing helpdesk type of work for 6 years now. Do you think I
    > would need extra study material to pass both tests and get the MCDST? If so,
    > what additional books would you recommend?
    > --
    > A+, N+, Internetwork Cert, former CCNA && CCDA

    My advice is to not purchase anything else. Simply browse your local
    bookstore and grab a few training kits/study books for the MCDST and
    flip thru them. See how other publishers and authors explain the
    objectives. Because let's face it, these books are not cheap.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 9, 2007

  3. Great advice, Michael. Always peruse mutliple books. Each book is geared
    toward's the author's mindset, and you may find one author easier for you to
    understand than another.

    Also, don't forget Microsoft's website!
    I always search the "skills being measured" on msdn2.microsoft.com and
    www.microsoft.com/technet.
    Sometimes the wording is the exact wording that is used on the exam.
    That is because many of the exam developers get their ideas of questions
    from these sites.

    Another free study guide I like (mainly because it is based on the "skills
    being measured") is the one at www.cramsession.com. I don't know if their
    practice questions (which they charge for) are any good or not, but their
    free study guides appear to be okay, and are well worth the price.

    LarryWestMCSD, Apr 10, 2007