    Canon BP-511 battery will work in my camera.

    Is anyone else having a similar experience?

    Thanks!
    Nivek, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Nivek

    user too Guest

    "Nivek" <> wrote in message
    news:rVfic.17241$...
    > I was wondering if it is just my camera or are others having problems with
    > non-Canon batteries in their dRebel. I recently purchased an inexpensive
    > no-name battery for a backup to have on hand in case the BP-511 battery

    dies
    > on me while out shooting. The no-name battery seemed to charge OK but

    would
    > NOT power up my dRebel. I returned it for another and had the same

    results.
    > I returned the 2nd one and tried a Duracell equivalent to BP-511. IT
    > wouldn't even charge. Frustrated I returned it for a refund.
    >
    > I have not yet tried any others but for me it appears only the supplied
    > Canon BP-511 battery will work in my camera.
    >
    > Is anyone else having a similar experience?

    I bought a Lenmar(sp?) from Fry's Electronics and it works great. It lasts
    just as long as the three Canon models I have.
    user too, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Now, that is weird. But, if your original battery works well, there is
    nothing wrong with your camera or your charger.
    Charles Schuler, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Nivek wrote:
    > I was wondering if it is just my camera or are others having problems
    > with non-Canon batteries in their dRebel. I recently purchased an
    > inexpensive no-name battery for a backup to have on hand in case the
    > BP-511 battery dies on me while out shooting. The no-name battery
    > seemed to charge OK but would NOT power up my dRebel. I returned it
    > for another and had the same results. I returned the 2nd one and
    > tried a Duracell equivalent to BP-511. IT wouldn't even charge.
    > Frustrated I returned it for a refund.
    >
    > I have not yet tried any others but for me it appears only the
    > supplied Canon BP-511 battery will work in my camera.
    >
    > Is anyone else having a similar experience?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Have you considered a charger problem? Maybe it works well with the
    original but not the replacements.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Nivek

    Nivek Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Nivek wrote:
    > > I have not yet tried any others but for me it appears only the
    > > supplied Canon BP-511 battery will work in my camera.
    > >
    > > Is anyone else having a similar experience?
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    > Have you considered a charger problem? Maybe it works well with the
    > original but not the replacements.

    Nope, didn't even think about it being a charger problem. But you may very
    well be right.
    Nivek, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Charles Schuler wrote:
    >> Have you considered a charger problem? Maybe it works well with
    >> the original but not the replacements.

    > That's unlikely.

    But possible.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Apr 25, 2004

  7. > Have you considered a charger problem? Maybe it works well with the

    Charles Schuler, Apr 25, 2004
  8. Nivek

    Ed E. Guest

    > I have two different cheap generic batteries for my DR
    > that I ordered via eBay last October and so far I never
    > had a problem with them.

    Me, too. Ordered two generics when I bought the vertical grip.
    Ed E., Apr 26, 2004