    starts burning to DC...

    How do I check out USB (flow / in-out) problems ??? Any ideas to check if
    its 100% ????

    Advid, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Advid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Advid" <> wrote in message
    news:dc5np7$5ko$2surf.net...
    > ..I've got an 160g external USB 'Qdisk' hard drive on my PC (XP home) ....
    > the HD has got all my MP3's on....
    >
    > Whenever I burn a music CD (usually with MS Media Centre - sometimes with
    > NERO 6) during the 'convert' process the PC hangs/freezes....
    >
    > If the MP3's are on my PC hard drive (80g Seagate) the PC converts and
    > starts burning to DC...
    >
    > How do I check out USB (flow / in-out) problems ??? Any ideas to check if
    > its 100% ????

    Not a clue. But I *never* burn a CD with data from an external or network
    drive. Copy the contents to your local hard drive, then burn it. (Nero
    should have that option built in.) The last thing you want is for the CD
    burner to have to wait for data to transfer in from a slower source. While
    the problems associated with file transfer speeds have mostly been solved, I
    don't like to take a chance. I don't need no more stinkin' coasters <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Advid

    Advid Guest

    thanks.....