    does one connection suffer more problems than the other?

    I am running XP Pro and have version 1.0 USB ports only.
    Thanks for any advice.

    notme, Jan 29, 2005

  2. notme

    Jim Guest

    I am considering upgrading my steam powered horseless carriage to a vehicle
    with a internal combustion engine. Could anybody inform me on how to do this
    becuase I'm as thick as a f*%King hedgehog trying to shag a wirebrush.

    Serial will not be built into motherboards soon, and as for USB 1 and
    56k(48k) modems, dont bother. Its time to consider broadband.
    Thats all I can say. ITS ME!.

    Jim, Jan 30, 2005

  3. notme

    Plato Guest

    notme wrote:

    > As a replacement, I am looking to buy a second-hand external 56k modem
    > but I wonder if anyone can recommend whether I should chose a serial
    > or USB modem interface? Is there a difference in their performance -
    > does one connection suffer more problems than the other?

    Go serial.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 30, 2005
  4. notme

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:36:44 +1300 notme wrote:

    > I have no spare PCI slots and need one for another card I wish to
    > install. I am considering removing my internal 56k modem card to free
    > up a slot.

    > As a replacement, I am looking to buy a second-hand external 56k modem
    > but I wonder if anyone can recommend whether I should chose a serial
    > or USB modem interface? Is there a difference in their performance -
    > does one connection suffer more problems than the other?

    > I am running XP Pro and have version 1.0 USB ports only.
    > Thanks for any advice.

    Go with usb. Makes life easier.

    Richard, Jan 30, 2005
  5. notme

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in news::

    > Go with usb. Makes life easier.

    Easier for who?

    Jim Berwick, Jan 30, 2005
  6. notme

    TJ. Snow Guest

    Jim expressed precisely :
    > I am considering upgrading my steam powered horseless carriage to a vehicle
    > with a internal combustion engine. Could anybody inform me on how to do this
    > becuase I'm as thick as a f*%King hedgehog trying to shag a wirebrush.

    How about a thick dick up your arse faggot!!

    --
    Is Sean a person, or a digital creation?

    TJ. Snow, Jan 30, 2005
  7. On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:36:44 +1300, notme <> wrote:

    >I have no spare PCI slots and need one for another card I wish to
    >install. I am considering removing my internal 56k modem card to free
    >up a slot.
    >
    >As a replacement, I am looking to buy a second-hand external 56k modem
    >but I wonder if anyone can recommend whether I should chose a serial
    >or USB modem interface? Is there a difference in their performance -
    >does one connection suffer more problems than the other?
    >
    >I am running XP Pro and have version 1.0 USB ports only.
    >Thanks for any advice.

    Time to start working in earnest on that system upgrade. Use whatever
    works. You won't be needing that modem on your next PC.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org

    Governor Swill, Jan 31, 2005
  8. notme wrote:

    > I have no spare PCI slots and need one for another card I wish to
    > install. I am considering removing my internal 56k modem card to free
    > up a slot.
    >
    > As a replacement, I am looking to buy a second-hand external 56k modem
    > but I wonder if anyone can recommend whether I should chose a serial
    > or USB modem interface? Is there a difference in their performance -
    > does one connection suffer more problems than the other?
    >
    > I am running XP Pro and have version 1.0 USB ports only.
    > Thanks for any advice.

    I agree with Plato - Serial.

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Feb 1, 2005
  9. notme

    jp10558 Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:36:44 +1300, notme wrote:

    > I have no spare PCI slots and need one for another card I wish to
    > install. I am considering removing my internal 56k modem card to free
    > up a slot.
    >
    > As a replacement, I am looking to buy a second-hand external 56k modem
    > but I wonder if anyone can recommend whether I should chose a serial
    > or USB modem interface? Is there a difference in their performance -
    > does one connection suffer more problems than the other?
    >
    > I am running XP Pro and have version 1.0 USB ports only.
    > Thanks for any advice.

    I've found serial quite reliable.

    jp10558, Feb 2, 2005