    will reboot the 64bit window whenever I switch on the HDD. My guess the
    reason is uncompatible driver. Anyone can help, or offer any advice?
    Thanks.

    Jeffrey Ngu, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Jeffrey Ngu

    NNBXX Guest

    Very odd. No driver needed under x64. My external USB 2.0/IDE drive works
    fine under x64.
    Maybe a hardware issue, but surely not a driver one. I've had many problems
    with my previous external enclosure (IcyBox 355), now I got a new one, and
    everything is OK.

    NNBXX, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Jeffrey Ngu

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Jeffrey Ngu" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using 3.5 " Seagate 160 gig HDD, thru external enclosure (Nexstar)
    > which is a IDE to USB 2.0 converter. Works well under previous XP, but
    > will reboot the 64bit window whenever I switch on the HDD. My guess the
    > reason is uncompatible driver. Anyone can help, or offer any advice?
    > Thanks.'

    The NexStar enclosure is not one of the ones I would recommend. I have had
    problems with them under Windows XP HE, Pro and x64 Edition. Best advice;
    get a better enclosure. Even the generic white box enclosures are better
    than the NexStar.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Jeffrey Ngu

    John Barnes Guest

    I have an old IDE/USB or 1394. Works fine on both.

    John Barnes, Jun 22, 2005