    thanks
    all

    janet

    janey, Mar 3, 2006

  2. janey

    Butterfield Guest

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:15:52 -0500, janey <>
    wrote:

    >I have a ext. HD by using USB to connect it and now all of sudden i can
    >only view 1 folder with pics in it . I can't view the other folders. Its
    >a 160g WD with 13g left of space. Also when i make a new folder it
    >disappears too ?/
    > whats going on ???
    > Help
    > where else can i go to post problems with winxp ??
    > thanks
    >all
    >
    >janet

    Turn on "view hidden files and folders"

    Butterfield, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Janet, have you tried this?

    1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows key + E is the shortcut).

    2. Pull down the Tools menu and select "Folder Options..."

    3. In the Folder Options dialog box click on the View tab.

    4. In the View tab click the "Restore Defaults" button,
    then click the "Apply to All Folders" button.

    5. Click OK and you should see your files and folders
    on that external drive.

    Hope that helps!

    John

    WinXP_Powered, Mar 4, 2006
  4. janey

    janey Guest

    Its still not working ??

    I only see 1 folder. And i know i have more folders in HD even when i
    make a new folder it disappears too. ?????? Help Please..

    janey, Mar 4, 2006
  5. janey

    Butterfield Guest

    Re: Its still not working ??

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:32:03 -0500, janey <>
    wrote:

    >I only see 1 folder. And i know i have more folders in HD even when i
    >make a new folder it disappears too. ?????? Help Please..

    Try doing a "chkdsk Z: /f" (Z: being the drive letter) from a cmd
    window and do error checking from your disk management tools.

    http://support.wdc.com/
    go to "ask Western Digital a question"
    Let us know how you made out.

    Butterfield

    Butterfield, Mar 4, 2006
  6. janey

    janey Guest

    Got it working Thank you All and Butterfield

    hank you butterfield . I did the chkdsk Z: /f

    and it work. Now i can see my files. why did this happen ??

    janey, Mar 4, 2006
  7. janey

    Butterfield Guest

    Re: Got it working Thank you All and Butterfield

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:16:51 -0500, janey <>
    wrote:

    >hank you butterfield . I did the chkdsk Z: /f
    >
    >and it work. Now i can see my files. why did this happen ??

    Don't know.
    Congratulations!

    Butterfield, Mar 4, 2006