    in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    rabbitnz, Mar 30, 2008

  2. rabbitnz

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-03-30, rabbitnz <> wrote:
    > I just purchased a 80gb external hard drive to use the application
    > Mojopac on for work but when I first plugged it in, it found the disk
    > drive then it rebooted my computer. This happens every time I plug it
    > in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    > two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    > anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    The other PCs are not running Linux by any chance?

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2008

  3. rabbitnz

    impossible Guest

    "rabbitnz" <> wrote in message
    >I just purchased a 80gb external hard drive to use the application
    > Mojopac on for work but when I first plugged it in, it found the disk
    > drive then it rebooted my computer. This happens every time I plug it
    > in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    > two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    > anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    On the computer where the external drive is causing the reboot, check first
    that you've disabled the automatic reboot option. Instead of the reboot
    then, you should get a Windows blue-screen error message, which will provide
    some clues as to what's wrong (driver problem, hardware configuration
    problem, etc). If, however, your machine still reboots on its own when you
    plug the drive in, before Windows can even throw up a blue screen, then you
    probably have a more serious hardware issue on that machine -- bad USB
    port(s), bad mainboard, bad power supply....something. You know the drive
    and external interface themselves are fine. But have you tried plugging a
    diferent USB device into the same machine/port?

    impossible, Mar 30, 2008
  4. rabbitnz

    Damos Guest

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:36:15 +1300, rabbitnz <>
    wrote:

    > I just purchased a 80gb external hard drive to use the application
    > Mojopac on for work but when I first plugged it in, it found the disk
    > drive then it rebooted my computer. This happens every time I plug it
    > in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    > two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    > anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    All the pc at my work do this if you insert a usb drive into them. Very
    annoying if you need to present a powerpt.
    Had to speak to someone at IT services to fix.

    Damos

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, Mar 30, 2008
  5. rabbitnz

    rabbitnz Guest

    On Mar 30, 6:06 pm, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2008-03-30, rabbitnz <> wrote:
    >
    > > I just purchased a 80gb external hard drive to use the application
    > > Mojopac on for work but when I first plugged it in, it found the disk
    > > drive then it rebooted my computer. This happens every time I plug it
    > > in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    > > two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    > > anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    > The other PCs are not running Linux by any chance?

    No they are not. That would be an unfair test lol

    rabbitnz, Mar 30, 2008
  6. In article <op.t8trbtad2an4t6@andrew-orac>, Damos <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:36:15 +1300, rabbitnz <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> I just purchased a 80gb external hard drive to use the application
    >> Mojopac on for work but when I first plugged it in, it found the disk
    >> drive then it rebooted my computer. This happens every time I plug it
    >> in. I have tried everything conceivable to fix this and it works on
    >> two other computers that I own. I am running Windows XP SP2 does
    >> anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

    >All the pc at my work do this if you insert a usb drive into them. Very
    >annoying if you need to present a powerpt.
    >Had to speak to someone at IT services to fix.

    Interesting. What setting needed changing (for my info :) ). Seems to be an
    odd choice for a default.

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 31, 2008
  7. rabbitnz

    Damos Guest

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:21:27 +1300, Bruce Sinclair
    <> wrote:
    Not sure myself either. Spoke to the fellow on the phone then the next
    day I could insert USB drives.
    Rationale I think was to stop ppl installing programes onto the pc at work.

    D.

    Damos, Mar 31, 2008