    other computers, and my computer recognizes my digital camera. Can
    anyone explain this? Thanks very much, Gar

    , May 6, 2008

  2. htnakirs Guest

    In my case, this occurred after a virus attack. Probably some system
    service program got infected.
    Try using the diskmanagement tool to see if the partitions on the
    drive are visible. You can then allocate drive letters from here.
    Access disk manager by typing diskmgmt.msc in the Start - Run box.
    Try restoring system to an earier date or perhaps a repair reinstall
    may correct this problem. You can also check the services status
    (start - run - services.msc) and try setting those related to hardware
    detection to automatic.

    htnakirs, May 7, 2008