    settings, there is no difference but the green light never turns on in
    the first place.
    Please help!
    shum, Dec 19, 2004

  2. shum

    SgtMinor Guest

    shum wrote:
    > I have a 10 gb hd with about 6gb used. I want to put it in this
    > external hard drive case and copy off the data into my notebook. (I
    > don't have a full size computer any more.) So I got the case (CompUSA
    > 3.5" IEEE 1394 & USB 2.0 Aluminium External Enclosure), put the drive
    > in, checkked the jumper settings were slave, connected the plugs,
    > attached it to my laptop & the power supply, and turned it on. The red
    > and green lights both turned on, the hard drive whirred, the laptop
    > looks like nothing has happened (no found new hardware wizard) and the
    > green light turns off. I try with master and cable select jumper
    > settings, there is no difference but the green light never turns on in
    > the first place.
    > Please help!

    Try it with no jumpers installed on the HD. With Windows ME or XP the
    system may recognize the drive, with 98 or earlier you may need to
    install a driver.
    SgtMinor, Dec 19, 2004

  3. shum

    Solo Guest

    Hi, recheck all your connections.

    Regards Bri@n

    Solo, Dec 19, 2004
  4. shum

    shum Guest

    Hi, I was using the wrong cable, but now I have another problem that
    I'll give in a new topic.
    shum, Dec 27, 2004
  5. shum

    docmill Guest

    "shum" <> wrote in

    > Hi, I was using the wrong cable, but now I have another problem that
    > I'll give in a new topic.

    Fine, you're ignored.

    --
    docmill, Dec 27, 2004