    HDD will fit into the casing and it will be an external HDD.

    Is that possible???

    i will be gratefull if anyone can give any advise?

    amir, Nov 18, 2004

  2. amir

    Thor Guest

    Yep. Just search for harddrive "enclosures". You'll find many with either
    USB, or Firewire interfaces, or both. Make sure you get one sized for your
    harddrive. Desktop harddrives are 3.5 inch, and laptop harddrives are 2.5
    inch nowadays. Get the enclosure that matches.

    Thor, Nov 18, 2004

  3. amir

    Kenny Guest

    I've recently bought an IcyBox USB external enclosure and fitted a 160GB HDD
    in it.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 18, 2004
  4. amir

    The One Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently bought an IcyBox USB external enclosure and fitted a 160GB
    > HDD
    > in it.

    Amazing sheerly amazing

    The One, Nov 19, 2004
  5. amir

    Pixx Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently bought an IcyBox USB external enclosure and fitted a 160GB
    > HDD
    > in it.

    Me too, and I've recently returned said Icybox as, after a few weeks of
    working with no problems, it would suddenly start disconnecting itself
    somehow, so that Windows can't find it. A hard drive enclosure is a good
    solution but I'd think twice before going for an Icybox.

    If you're buying a new drive, it's not an especially cheap option doing it
    this way either. You can get external drives of the same capacity for less
    money than buying a new drive and enclosure separately.

    Pixx, Nov 21, 2004