    1. Advertising

  1. Airline Pedestal

    J.D. Parker Guest

    J.D. Parker, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Airline Pedestal

    Mark B. Guest

    "Airline Pedestal" <> wrote in message
    news:utXSa.426$2.webusenet.com...

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an external Flash
    > for the Canon Powershot G2?

    I'll second JP's recommendation for the 420EX.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jul 22, 2003
  3. Airline Pedestal

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Mark B."
    Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003 7:29 PM

    "Airline Pedestal" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an external Flash
    > for the Canon Powershot G2?

    I'll second JP's recommendation for the 420EX.

    Mark
    >><BR><BR>

    I too would a whole hearted recommendation of the 420EX. AND, as important as
    the bounce ability is its ability to swivel so that when you take a portrait
    shot you can still bounce off the ceiling.
    FredBillie, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Airline Pedestal

    Jerry Dycus Guest

    Jerry Dycus, Jul 22, 2003
  5. Airline Pedestal

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <bfkesf$eai$1$>,
    says...
    > I have just sold a canon 220ex on ebay. This flash is small enough to use
    > with G1/2/3 etc. I used it with a G1 and the results obtained were many
    > times better than the built in flash. This flash works in harmony with the
    > Powershots to provide little red eye with perfect exposures.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > AB

    But the 220EX doesn't have a tilt head. If you can't tilt the head, you
    are losing one of the primary purposes of an external flash (the ability
    to use indirect lighting.)

    --
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Jul 23, 2003