    Or is it?

    Thanks for your time,

    FCC.

    FCC, Jul 9, 2004

  2. FCC

    Michael C. Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:19:07 +0200,
    FCC <> wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am trying to find out if I could use an external editor (Emacs) to
    > compose mail and use Mozilla 1.7 to send it (without copying and pasting
    > of course).
    >
    > Since I cannot get anything using Google, it seems that this is not
    > possible.

    Sorry if it doesn't answer your question, but I've read of an Emacs news
    reader, I'd imagine there's an email client as well.

    GL,

    Michael C.
    --
    http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    The surprise isn't how often we make bad choices;
    the surprise is how seldom they defeat us.

    Michael C., Jul 9, 2004

  3. FCC

    FCC Guest

    Michael C. said the following on 7/9/2004 6:28 PM:
    > Sorry if it doesn't answer your question, but I've read of an Emacs news
    > reader, I'd imagine there's an email client as well.

    Actually you are right, there is a very good newsreader called gnus, and
    smtpmail for sending mail. However, the mail servers keep changing in
    the name of being more secure, and now in my case there needs to be
    authentication before the mail is accepted for sending, which is not
    supported by smtpmail very well (yet), at least this is the case with
    me, for I could not manage to set it up although I have tried each an
    every suggestion out there that can be detected by Google.

    So now I am falling back to the next best alternative, which is not at
    all bad, Mozilla. However, not everything is perfect with it, and the
    editor is one that is not good (actually I don't blame Mozilla, when
    compared to Emacs, there is no editor, which can hold its own actually).

    Thanks anyways,

    FCC

    -=-=-
    .... null