    still work or is something like this usually "set" to just one drive
    size?

    Thanks

    Drifter, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Drifter

    Drifter Guest

    >I have a LaCie external drive (80Gb) that died. The drive inside is a
    >Maxtor. There are no apparent switches or controls internally on the
    >control boards. If I stick a larger (120gb) drive in there will it
    >still work or is something like this usually "set" to just one drive
    >size?
    >
    >Thanks

    Darn it, forgot to mention it's a USB drive.

    Drifter, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Drifter

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Drifter <> wrote in

    > Darn it, forgot to mention it's a USB drive.

    Almost invariably it doesn't care what size drive you put in it (within
    reason, it has to support a drive that large). It isn't like the drive
    enclosure is physically tied to the drive inside it and the drive inside it
    can't be replaced.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Drifter

    Drifter Guest

    >Drifter <> wrote in
    >
    >> Darn it, forgot to mention it's a USB drive.
    >>

    >Almost invariably it doesn't care what size drive you put in it (within
    >reason, it has to support a drive that large). It isn't like the drive
    >enclosure is physically tied to the drive inside it and the drive inside it
    >can't be replaced.

    That's pretty much what I thought but you know how it is, that one
    time you're sure is the one time you find the exception to the rule.

    thanks

    Drifter

    Drifter, Nov 16, 2003