    Does anyone know if there's any possibility of retrieving my data or
    am I dead in the water?

    Thanks
    Guest, Jan 22, 2008

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Since there were no problems copying the data to the external drive,
    the hard disk itself may not be down. You can try plugging it into
    another PC. To keep the chances of data retrieval high, avoid writing
    anything to the disk. You did not mention what type of external drive
    you are using. If it has individual hard disks inside, you can try
    plugging the hard disk directly to the PC (assuming the external drive
    was not RAID configured).
    Guest, Jan 22, 2008