    there external battery pack for the 10D? Or is there a way to rig one
    myself? The hardest part is attaching the wires to the camera, since it does
    not have a plug/jack for external power.
    peter, Sep 12, 2004

  2. peter

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "peter"

    >Other than the canon bg-ed grip (which houses two canon batteries), are
    >there external battery pack for the 10D?

    My wife has a Quantum Turbo C battery pack that attaches to the tripod hole and
    it has an option for a 10D battery substitute plus a slot for a flash battery
    booster cord. Greatly extends the battery life. A bit expensive though ...
    Bill Hilton, Sep 12, 2004

  3. peter

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Not sure why you wouldn't want the Canon grip. It give a great grab on the
    camera, both horizontally, and vertically! It even has another release
    button, when used vertically.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Sep 12, 2004
  4. peter

    Eric Gill Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in news:Os_0d.5878$%O5.4378@trnddc07:

    > Other than the canon bg-ed grip (which houses two canon batteries),

    And provides a very useful grip, especially for portrait orientation, since
    it mirrors some of the controls.

    I bought an external battery and only use it for the flash; without the
    grip the camera is too small for comfort and cannot mount the side strap.

    http://www.digitalcamerabattery.com/

    > Or is there a way to rig
    > one myself? The hardest part is attaching the wires to the camera,
    > since it does not have a plug/jack for external power.

    No, but it has an internal one, in the battery compartment.
    Eric Gill, Sep 12, 2004
  5. "peter" <> writes:
    > Other than the canon bg-ed grip (which houses two canon batteries), are
    > there external battery pack for the 10D? Or is there a way to rig one
    > myself? The hardest part is attaching the wires to the camera, since it does
    > not have a plug/jack for external power.

    I've got an external battery pack for mine which is a belt-mounted
    lead-acid battery that attaches to the camera through the battery
    compartment, with a little cable snaking out to the belt pack.

    Works fine, and will power my flash, a 400mm IS lens, and the 10D for
    around 1000 shots before I need to plug it in.

    If this arrangement interests you, I can go down to the garage and
    find the manufacturer.

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta

    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
    Richard Kaszeta, Sep 12, 2004
  6. peter

    peter Guest

    Please do, and also, how much did you pay for it? Has it been reliable?

    peter, Sep 13, 2004
  7. "peter" <> writes:
    > Please do, and also, how much did you pay for it? Has it been reliable?

    Found it. It's a "Quantum Turbo" battery from Quantum Instruments
    (www.qtm.com), with adapter bits for both BP-511 batteries and a
    half-dozen or so flash adapters (I use a Metz one).

    It's about 4lbs, and it's been very reliable.

    I bought both of mine from a coworker for a below-market price, but
    I've seen them for under $200 on E-bay.

    Let me know if you don't find one from qtm.com or ebay, if my spare
    one works I might part with it.

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta

    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich