    camera's adaptors cost only $20.00

    Thanks,

    Peter

    Peter Shepherd, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Peter Shepherd

    Rick Guest

    This is odd as the A series Canons are know for long batter life, especially
    with NIMHs. Wonder if there is something wrong with your particular unit?

    Rick

    In article <3NJec.5890$>,
    says...

    Rick, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Peter Shepherd

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > This is odd as the A series Canons are know for long batter life, especially
    > with NIMHs. Wonder if there is something wrong with your particular unit?
    >
    > Rick

    More likely a problem with his battery/charger combo.

    I have a couple of cameras that REALLY only sip the juice from "AA"NIMHs
    (Fuji S5000 & S7000) but just yesterday the 5000 died after about an hour
    when its USUALLY good for all day on and off shooting 400 - 450 pictures.
    (the 7000 seems to be good for about 300 to 350 shots, so I guess it uses a
    little more juice).

    Investigation showed that one of the set of 4 NIMH AAs in it had "bit the
    pickle" and gone to battery heaven. Dont know why, but it wont take a charge.

    This is NOT the first time this has happened, but it doesn't happen
    frequently enough for it to be the first thing one would look for.

    I keep my "AA" sets in sets of four for those two cameras and in sets of two
    for the flash units that only take two AAs. I HATE it when only ONE of a set
    of four dies like that! Nobody sells them in a "one pack" in my area.

    Does the Canon camera have a "discharge mode"??

    Thats something I really like about the Fujis. In the evening I can set them
    on "discharge" and they will drain the batteries down to the shut-off point,
    then shut off. In the AM I just put in a set of fresh cells and put the dead
    ones in the charger, so I know they have had a full cycle.

    I use this mode on any set of batteries I have that I lost track of the
    charge state (dont remember how long since charging, or dont remember when I
    put them in).

    I also recomend chargers that will charge from 1 to 4 (or 6) cells at a time,
    as that is the only reliable way to check a single cell in a set of four.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 13, 2004