Extensions won't install....

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by palinor, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. palinor

    palinor Guest

    I am not sure what the best newsgroup to post this...but here goes....

    I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

    I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.

    When I try to DL and install an extension like this one:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

    ....I get a yellow bar across the broswer that says:

    "Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options....to
    enable it and try again."

    I have UN-checked "Block pop ups".

    I have UN-checked "Warn me when web sites try to install extensions or
    themes".

    I have even "allowed sites to set cookies"....

    .....but it still won't install.

    What am I missing?

    Thanks!

    palinor, Oct 12, 2006

  2. palinor

    Timo Salmi Guest

    palinor <> wrote:
    > I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

    Tools
    Contents
    Exceptions
    Allow the relevant mizilla sites

    All the best, Timo

    Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
    mailto: <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
    Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

    Timo Salmi, Oct 12, 2006

  3. On 10/12/2006 12:52 PM, palinor wrote:
    > I am not sure what the best newsgroup to post this...but here goes....
    >
    > I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.
    >
    > I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.
    >
    > When I try to DL and install an extension like this one:
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
    >
    > ....I get a yellow bar across the broswer that says:
    >
    > "Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options....to
    > enable it and try again."
    >
    > I have UN-checked "Block pop ups".
    >
    > I have UN-checked "Warn me when web sites try to install extensions or
    > themes".
    >
    > I have even "allowed sites to set cookies"....
    >
    > .....but it still won't install.
    >
    > What am I missing?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Type "about:config" into the location bar and set "xpinstall.enabled" to
    "true."

    --
    Mumia W.

    This is a temporary e-mail to help me catch some s-p*á/m.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 13, 2006
  4. palinor

    Timo Salmi Guest

    Timo Salmi <> wrote:
    > palinor <> wrote:
    >> I am having trouble downloading and installing any extensions.

    > Tools
    > Contents
    > Exceptions Allow the relevant Mozilla sites

    Dear All,

    I as per http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/garbo.html#faqtimo am not available
    for email consultation, but I'll respond here in the newsgroups if and
    when I am up to it. I got by email the following question. This time,
    however, I'll respond here to the email, since I have not stated my
    policy before in these particular newsgroups

    > Hi Timo,
    > Under "Tools"...I don't have anything that says "Content".

    It is there alright, I just missed/omitted a step:
    Tools
    :

    > I am running Firefox 1.5.0.7.
    > Thoughts?

    Also see the tip by "Mumia W. (reading news)"
    <>

    Timo Salmi, Oct 13, 2006