    using the Install feature on the Mozilla Web Site the Extension manager
    for Firefox comes up the only way I can get Extensions to install is to
    download them and then install any fix for this?
    Tom, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Tom

    Jim K Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I was just wondering when I try to install extensions in Thunderbird
    > using the Install feature on the Mozilla Web Site the Extension manager
    > for Firefox comes up the only way I can get Extensions to install is to
    > download them and then install any fix for this?

    Right-click the extension download link and click Save Link As. Save the
    extension to an easy to find location.

    Open Thunderbird and click Tools > Extensions. Click Install, locate the
    extension file (something.xpi), and click on Open.
    Jim K, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Jim K wrote:
    > Tom wrote:
    >
    >> I was just wondering when I try to install extensions in Thunderbird
    >> using the Install feature on the Mozilla Web Site the Extension
    >> manager for Firefox comes up the only way I can get Extensions to
    >> install is to download them and then install any fix for this?

    > Right-click the extension download link and click Save Link As. Save the
    > extension to an easy to find location.
    >
    > Open Thunderbird and click Tools > Extensions. Click Install, locate the
    > extension file (something.xpi), and click on Open.

    This I really do know already and have been doing so but I was wondering
    if there is a way when using the install feature on the Thunderbird Web
    Site to prevent the Extension Manager Window from opening in Firefox
    instead of Thunderbird like it should
    Tom, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Tom

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 11 Jul 2004 2050, Tom shared the following:

    > Jim K wrote:
    >
    >> Tom wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was just wondering when I try to install extensions in Thunderbird
    >>> using the Install feature on the Mozilla Web Site the Extension
    >>> manager for Firefox comes up the only way I can get Extensions to
    >>> install is to download them and then install any fix for this?

    >> Right-click the extension download link and click Save Link As. Save
    >> the extension to an easy to find location.
    >>
    >> Open Thunderbird and click Tools > Extensions. Click Install, locate
    >> the extension file (something.xpi), and click on Open.

    > This I really do know already and have been doing so but I was wondering
    > if there is a way when using the install feature on the Thunderbird Web
    > Site to prevent the Extension Manager Window from opening in Firefox
    > instead of Thunderbird like it should

    If you'll notice, the link says "Right Click to Download". Maybe it's
    because both Mozilla FF and TB use the same type of installation file--I
    don't know. You need to save the extension (like the link says) and
    then install it ;-)

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    .BRIAN., Jul 12, 2004
  5. Tom

    Moz Champion Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 11 Jul 2004 2050, Tom shared the following:
    >
    >> Jim K wrote:

    >>> Right-click the extension download link and click Save Link As. Save
    >>> the extension to an easy to find location.
    >>>
    >>> Open Thunderbird and click Tools > Extensions. Click Install, locate
    >>> the extension file (something.xpi), and click on Open.

    >> This I really do know already and have been doing so but I was wondering
    >> if there is a way when using the install feature on the Thunderbird
    >> Web Site to prevent the Extension Manager Window from opening in
    >> Firefox instead of Thunderbird like it should

    > If you'll notice, the link says "Right Click to Download". Maybe it's
    > because both Mozilla FF and TB use the same type of installation file--I
    > don't know. You need to save the extension (like the link says) and
    > then install it ;-)

    Um, think about it.

    Mozilla and Firefox are browsers
    Thunderbird is a mail program

    Mozilla and Firefox can install xpis directly because they can connect to the sites, download and install the xpi or extension.

    Thunderbird CANT talk to the sites, because it ISNT a browser! So download the file and install it.

    Just like Firefox cant Mail anything, Thunderbird cant browse or download anything, because thats not what its for!

    You want both mail and browsing together? Use Mozilla, the entire idea of a 'suite' package is that you CAN combine mail and browsing attributes. If you use a separate browser and mail program you cannot.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jul 12, 2004