    discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
    Think it might come in handy.
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Reg Mouatt wrote:
    > Was recently looking for an upgrade for Tiny URL and in the process
    > discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
    > Think it might come in handy.
    > Reg

    Is there really a need to replace:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1037&st=0&

    with a tinyurl? I only ask because many people are leary of shortened
    urls. While your motives are clearly good, for all we know, it could be
    a porn site, a site infested with malware, or some such.

    I have always recommended that shortened urls be used only when
    absolutely necessary.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Reg Mouatt

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:48:43 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Reg Mouatt wrote:
    >> Was recently looking for an upgrade for Tiny URL and in the process
    >> discovered this page http://tinyurl.com/6y739
    >> Think it might come in handy.
    >> Reg

    >Is there really a need to replace:
    >
    >http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1037&st=0&
    >
    >with a tinyurl? I only ask because many people are leary of shortened
    >urls. While your motives are clearly good, for all we know, it could be
    >a porn site, a site infested with malware, or some such.
    >
    >I have always recommended that shortened urls be used only when
    >absolutely necessary.
    >
    >Lee

    Hi Lee,
    To tell the truth, the thought had not crossed my mind but thank
    you for putting the point.
    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Nov 6, 2004