    to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    Pre-Release

    Tom, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Tom

    Tx2 Guest

    In article <JJvId.11132$>, ,
    a.k.a Tom says...

    > Does anyone know if Mozilla is stopping the Extension and Theme Pages
    > for Firefox and Thunderbird on there Web Site? Nothing has been posted
    > since Dec 2004. Also is the Author of the Status bar Clock ever going
    > to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    > since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    > Pre-Release

    Yes, development of Firefox seems to have ground to a halt.
    P'raps I'm just looking at the wrong pages .... ?

    Tx2, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Tom

    Gary Walker Guest

    Tx2 wrote:
    > In article <JJvId.11132$>, ,
    > a.k.a Tom says...
    >

    >>Does anyone know if Mozilla is stopping the Extension and Theme Pages
    >>for Firefox and Thunderbird on there Web Site? Nothing has been posted
    >>since Dec 2004. Also is the Author of the Status bar Clock ever going
    >>to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    >>since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    >>Pre-Release

    > Yes, development of Firefox seems to have ground to a halt.
    > P'raps I'm just looking at the wrong pages .... ?

    No they are still working although I believe alot of their efforts have
    been redirrected to Sunbird but last I heard they were making the todo
    list for Firefox 1.1.

    Gary Walker, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Tom

    Tx2 Guest

    In article <aczId.1302$7J.1039@okepread04>, , a.k.a
    Gary Walker says...

    > No they are still working although I believe alot of their efforts have
    > been redirrected to Sunbird but last I heard they were making the todo
    > list for Firefox 1.1.

    Sunbird?

    Tx2, Jan 22, 2005
  5. Tom wrote:
    > Does anyone know if Mozilla is stopping the Extension and Theme Pages
    > for Firefox and Thunderbird on there Web Site? Nothing has been posted
    > since Dec 2004. Also is the Author of the Status bar Clock ever going
    > to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    > since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    > Pre-Release

    No need for existing extensions to post updated versions, since FF is
    still at 1.0. When 1.1 comes out in March, I am sure you will see a
    flurry of activity.

    I think a lot of extension writers get a little frustrated with the
    slowness of addons.update. If you're feeling adventurous, you can find
    many extensions at the Extensions Mirror:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/

    Note that these are often third party rewrites and updates of
    extensions. Use with care. That being said, I make use of this site
    quite a bit for timely updates of extensions.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 22, 2005
  6. On 2005-01-22, Tom <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know if Mozilla is stopping the Extension and Theme Pages
    > for Firefox and Thunderbird on there Web Site? Nothing has been posted
    > since Dec 2004. Also is the Author of the Status bar Clock ever going
    > to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    > since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    > Pre-Release

    It is entirely likely that the 1.0PR version of the extension will work
    fine with the final 1.0 release. Just unzip the .xpi file and edit the
    "install.rdf" to bump the maxversion up to 1.0, rezip and install the
    extension.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Jan 23, 2005
  7. Tom

    Tom Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2005-01-22, Tom <> wrote:
    >

    >>Does anyone know if Mozilla is stopping the Extension and Theme Pages
    >>for Firefox and Thunderbird on there Web Site? Nothing has been posted
    >>since Dec 2004. Also is the Author of the Status bar Clock ever going
    >>to post a new version for Firefox 1.0 been trying his web site ever
    >>since 1.0 been released and nothing been posted except for the 1.0
    >>Pre-Release

    > It is entirely likely that the 1.0PR version of the extension will work
    > fine with the final 1.0 release. Just unzip the .xpi file and edit the
    > "install.rdf" to bump the maxversion up to 1.0, rezip and install the
    > extension.

    Thanks for the TIP it worked just fine! Never knew that it was
    compressed in the ZIP Format! Now will Mozilla ever start updating the
    Extension Page again

    Tom, Jan 24, 2005
  8. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Tx2 wrote:
    > In article <aczId.1302$7J.1039@okepread04>, , a.k.a
    > Gary Walker says...
    >

    >>No they are still working although I believe alot of their efforts have
    >>been redirrected to Sunbird but last I heard they were making the todo
    >>list for Firefox 1.1.

    > Sunbird?

    Calendar Project for Mozilla ETC ETC

    Tom, Jan 24, 2005