    have used colourfull tabs in the past but, is their others that
    highlight the current tab in some way ??

    Thanka.

    Home Theatre Guy, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > With all those tabs i genraly have NO idea what the current tab is. I
    > have used colourfull tabs in the past but, is their others that
    > highlight the current tab in some way ??
    >
    > Thanka.

    Works from here. In the default theme, the tab bar is a dull grey. The
    active tab (that which is displayed in the window) is a noticeably
    lighter grey.

    Some 3rd party themes, such as Outlook Blue, make the distinction much
    greater.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 9, 2006

  3. All my tabs are the same colour. Just the active tab is slightly
    raised 3d wise and has a shadow on the left, you realy have to look to
    find it if you have lots of tabs open.

    Colorfull tabs don't seem to be an extension anymore, has it become
    incompatible ???

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, Oct 9, 2006
  4. Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > All my tabs are the same colour. Just the active tab is slightly
    > raised 3d wise and has a shadow on the left, you realy have to look to
    > find it if you have lots of tabs open.
    >
    > Colorfull tabs don't seem to be an extension anymore, has it become
    > incompatible ???
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:33:50 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Home Theatre Guy wrote:
    >>> With all those tabs i genraly have NO idea what the current tab is. I
    >>> have used colourfull tabs in the past but, is their others that
    >>> highlight the current tab in some way ??
    >>>
    >>> Thanka.
    >>>

    >> Works from here. In the default theme, the tab bar is a dull grey. The
    >> active tab (that which is displayed in the window) is a noticeably
    >> lighter grey.
    >>
    >> Some 3rd party themes, such as Outlook Blue, make the distinction much
    >> greater.
    >>
    >> Lee

    Start Firefox in Safe Mode, which disables extensions. Does the tab
    behavior improve?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 9, 2006
  5. Ive got it sorted with tabmiixplus extension. I made the Text Blue and
    that stands out big time, only problem it don't let you select a
    background colour as well. So if you have lots of tabs the blue is
    pretty much uesless :(

    Got to cut down on my tab opeing, cut down i tells ya :)

    Got to get Colorfull tabs installed again if it work swith the new
    versions, does not seem to be on the extension site any more ?

    Thanks.

    On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:40:52 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre

    Home Theatre Guy, Oct 9, 2006
  6. Home Theatre Guy wrote:

    > Ive got it sorted with tabmiixplus extension. I made the Text Blue and
    > that stands out big time, only problem it don't let you select a
    > background colour as well. So if you have lots of tabs the blue is
    > pretty much uesless :(
    >
    > Got to cut down on my tab opeing, cut down i tells ya :)
    >
    > Got to get Colorfull tabs installed again if it work swith the new
    > versions, does not seem to be on the extension site any more ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:40:52 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre
    > Guy> wrote:
    >

    >> All my tabs are the same colour. Just the active tab is slightly
    >> raised 3d wise and has a shadow on the left, you realy have to look to
    >> find it if you have lots of tabs open.
    >>
    >> Colorfull tabs don't seem to be an extension anymore, has it become
    >> incompatible ???
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 23:33:50 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Works from here. In the default theme, the tab bar is a dull grey. The
    >>> active tab (that which is displayed in the window) is a noticeably
    >>> lighter grey.
    >>>
    >>> Some 3rd party themes, such as Outlook Blue, make the distinction much
    >>> greater.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1368/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 9, 2006
  7. Home Theatre Guy

    Tony Raven Guest

    Home Theatre Guy wrote on 09/10/2006 00:01 +0100:

    > With all those tabs i genraly have NO idea what the current tab is. I
    > have used colourfull tabs in the past but, is their others that
    > highlight the current tab in some way ??
    >
    > Thanka.

    I use the iFox theme. The current tab is light blue, the rest are white.
    http://www.radar.250x.com/tb.html

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Oct 9, 2006
  8. Home Theatre Guy

    Brian Guest

    <Home Theatre Guy> wrote in message

    > All my tabs are the same colour. Just the active tab is slightly
    > raised 3d wise and has a shadow on the left, you realy have to look to
    > find it if you have lots of tabs open.
    >
    > Colorfull tabs don't seem to be an extension anymore, has it become
    > incompatible ???

    The extension is compatible (functionality wise). The extension creator,
    however, has not updated it to install under Fx2. I forced it to install on
    my computer and it does indeed work.

    --
    Brian
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061003

    Brian, Oct 9, 2006
  9. On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:46:14 +1000, Home Theatre Guy <Home Theatre Guy>
    wrote:

    > Ive got it sorted with tabmiixplus extension. I made the Text Blue and
    > that stands out big time, only problem it don't let you select a
    > background colour as well. So if you have lots of tabs the blue is
    > pretty much uesless :(

    You don't need an extension to do this. Here is what works for me. I have
    not confirmed that this works in Firefox 2.0, but it's been working
    perfectly in version 1.5.x.x, and has since at least back to version 1.x.

    Just add the following code to the end of you userChrome.css file:

    /* Make the active tab easier to distinguish
    You can change the foreground and background color of both selected
    and non-selected tabs. You will most likely have to restart Firefox
    for the change to take effect. Adjust the color values to suit your
    taste.
    */
    /* Change color of active tab */
    tab{
    -moz-appearance: none !important;
    }
    tab[selected="true"] {
    background-color: rgb(204,204,204) !important;
    color: black !important;
    }
    /* Change color of normal tabs */
    tab:not([selected="true"]) {
    background-color: rgb(176,176,176) !important;
    color: rgb(64,64,64) !important;
    }

    FoxWolfie Galen, Oct 9, 2006
  10. Thanks all ill use colorful tabs. For some weird reason i could not
    find it with the search funtion on the estensions website !!!!

    Thanks.

    Home Theatre Guy, Oct 12, 2006