    Is there an extension that will replace these with the Firefox
    bookmarks? I'm constantly adding and replacing Firefox bookmarks, and it
    would be nice to access them from the Start Menu.
    History Fan, Sep 21, 2006

  2. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 computer, DSL connection.
    >
    > On my Windows XP Start Menu, I have 'Favorites' listed. However, these
    > are the favorites I choose when using Internet Explorer, a browser I hardly
    > ever use anymore.
    >
    > Is there an extension that will replace these with the Firefox
    > bookmarks? I'm constantly adding and replacing Firefox bookmarks, and it
    > would be nice to access them from the Start Menu.

    Firefox bookmarks are stored in a file called bookmarks.html.

    For IEs Favourites, each bookmark/favourite is an individual file and
    stored in the favourite directory of windows.

    I only know of one way, but it has its downfall. Open IE, click on
    File, Import and import FF bookmarks into IE. The downfall to this is
    you need to constantly update IEs favourites.

    Maybe someone knows of a better way.

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage
    gwtc, Sep 21, 2006

  3. gwtc wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 computer, DSL
    >> connection.
    >>
    >> On my Windows XP Start Menu, I have 'Favorites' listed. However,
    >> these are the favorites I choose when using Internet Explorer, a
    >> browser I hardly ever use anymore.
    >>
    >> Is there an extension that will replace these with the Firefox
    >> bookmarks? I'm constantly adding and replacing Firefox bookmarks, and
    >> it would be nice to access them from the Start Menu.
    >>

    > Firefox bookmarks are stored in a file called bookmarks.html.
    >
    > For IEs Favourites, each bookmark/favourite is an individual file and
    > stored in the favourite directory of windows.
    >
    > I only know of one way, but it has its downfall. Open IE, click on
    > File, Import and import FF bookmarks into IE. The downfall to this is
    > you need to constantly update IEs favourites.
    >
    > Maybe someone knows of a better way.

    That's what I was about to suggest. If your bookmarks rarely change, it
    would serve.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Sep 21, 2006
  4. History Fan

    Brian Paget Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > gwtc wrote:
    >> History Fan wrote:
    >>> I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on a Windows XP SP2 computer, DSL
    >>> connection.
    >>>
    >>> On my Windows XP Start Menu, I have 'Favorites' listed.
    >>> However,
    >>> these are the favorites I choose when using Internet Explorer, a
    >>> browser I hardly ever use anymore.
    >>>
    >>> Is there an extension that will replace these with the Firefox
    >>> bookmarks? I'm constantly adding and replacing Firefox bookmarks,
    >>> and it would be nice to access them from the Start Menu.

    Try Favorites Converter (export) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/336/
    - that's what I use and it works fine for me.

    bejay
    Brian Paget, Sep 23, 2006