    Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
    up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
    'Clean Up' button.
    History Fan, Aug 13, 2006

  2. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
    > connection.
    >
    > Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
    > up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
    > 'Clean Up' button.

    Tools, Options, Privacy, then the Settings button on the bottom right.
    Check Download History. This will clear the downloads when you
    close the program.

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the
    bottom.
    gwtc, Aug 13, 2006

  3. History Fan

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/13/2006 10:17 AM, History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer, DSL
    > connection.
    >
    > Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
    > up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
    > 'Clean Up' button.

    You can set FF to automatically clear the download history:

    Tools/Options/Privacy/Remove Files From the Download Manager:
    Upon Successful Download.

    I probably found this out by clicking on every button and tab
    and trying out every feature in FF just to see what it does.
    Mumia W., Aug 13, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "Mumia W." <> wrote in message
    > On 08/13/2006 10:17 AM, History Fan wrote:
    >> I'm using the latest version of FF, 1.5.0.6 on a XP SP2 computer,
    >> DSL connection.
    >>
    >> Is there an extension, or a FF tweak, that will automatically 'clean
    >> up' all downloads. It's somewhat tedious having to repeatedly click the
    >> 'Clean Up' button.

    > You can set FF to automatically clear the download history:
    >
    > Tools/Options/Privacy/Remove Files From the Download Manager: Upon
    > Successful Download.
    >
    > I probably found this out by clicking on every button and tab and trying
    > out every feature in FF just to see what it does.

    Thank you both. Glad there was no need for yet another extension.
    History Fan, Aug 13, 2006