    One of the few advantages IE 7 has over FF 2.0 is that when a new search
    engine is added, it is automatically placed in alphabetical order. Is there
    an extension that will make FF 2.0 do this?

    History Fan, Nov 12, 2006

  2. History Fan

    Snooky Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > One of the few advantages IE 7 has over FF 2.0 is that when a new search
    > engine is added, it is automatically placed in alphabetical order. Is there
    > an extension that will make FF 2.0 do this?

    You can do it manually. Click the search engine selection button then "Manage Search Engines" and you can manually Move Up and Move Down.

    This might take a while if for some silly reason you've got dozens of search engines installed, but for a dozen or so it will take all of 30 seconds.

    Snooky, Nov 13, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    History Fan, Nov 18, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> One of the few advantages IE 7 has over FF 2.0 is that when a new
    >> search engine is added, it is automatically placed in alphabetical order.
    >> Is there an extension that will make FF 2.0 do this?
    >>

    > This thread may answer part of your question:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt....ee573?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#387167fc14dee573

    Duh. I answered the wrong question in the wrong thread.

    History Fan, Nov 18, 2006