    --
    Newsoffice.de - Die Onlinesoftware zum Lesen und Schreiben im Usenet
    Ronald Fischer <>

    Ronald Fischer, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Ronald Fischer

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 19/06/06 12:49, Ronald Fischer Scribbled:
    > Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
    > on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
    > form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.
    >
    > For example, if I have a webmail interface offering a "refresh"
    > button (or link), I would like to have it clicked periodically
    > to check for new mail.
    >
    > Ronald

    Two options:
    - There is an extension that can refresh a page automatically (look
    on <http://addons.mozilla.org/>
    or:
    - We can try a javascript bookmarklet method ;)

    Here is #2:
    This will involve you looking at the source of the page and is a
    javascript technique...
    We need to find either the id or name of the "input" tag... when
    looking at the source code of that page, if the refresh button has
    text within it eg "refresh" this will help you to find what i am on
    about ;) (edit>find)

    if you copy paste the line that has the input on it to here, i can
    formulate what you would need to have a new bookmark of

    Sorry if this has confused you lol ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Ronald Fischer

    Jedi Fans, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Ronald Fischer

    Mumia W. Guest

    Ronald Fischer wrote:
    > Does anyone know whether there is some extension or utility which,
    > on a page using a CGI form, periodically clicks some button on the
    > form? This should be displayed as a context menu for the button.
    > [...]

    You might be able to find a bookmarklet to do this, or you could write
    your own.

    Mumia W., Jun 19, 2006
  5. Ronald Fischer

    Mumia W. Guest