    The Waker Guest

    You know, when you hit the middle-mouse-button and scroll up and down. It's
    A LOT faster in IE and this comes in hand on really long pages.

    The Waker, Dec 9, 2005

  2. The Waker wrote:
    > You know, when you hit the middle-mouse-button and scroll up and down. It's
    > A LOT faster in IE and this comes in hand on really long pages.

    There are scrolling options in the various Mozilla applications, but you
    have not told us which application you are asking about.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 10, 2005

  3. The Waker

    The Waker Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > The Waker wrote:
    >> You know, when you hit the middle-mouse-button and scroll up and down.
    >> It's A LOT faster in IE and this comes in hand on really long pages.
    >>

    > There are scrolling options in the various Mozilla applications, but you
    > have not told us which application you are asking about.
    >
    > Lee

    Whoops, FF 1.5.

    The Waker, Dec 10, 2005
  4. The Waker wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> The Waker wrote:
    >>> You know, when you hit the middle-mouse-button and scroll up and down.
    >>> It's A LOT faster in IE and this comes in hand on really long pages.
    >>>

    >> There are scrolling options in the various Mozilla applications, but you
    >> have not told us which application you are asking about.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Whoops, FF 1.5.

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General

    Try setting Auto scrolling as opposed to Smooth scrolling, and see what
    it does.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 10, 2005
  5. The Waker

    The Waker Guest

    I did that already. I can DO autoscrolling, it's just slow as ****.

    The Waker, Dec 10, 2005
  6. The Waker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    The Waker wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>The Waker wrote:

    >>>Whoops, FF 1.5.
    >>>

    >>Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General
    >>
    >>Try setting Auto scrolling as opposed to Smooth scrolling, and see what
    >>it does.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > I did that already. I can DO autoscrolling, it's just slow as ****.

    I'm drawing on ancient memories here because I stopped using Autoscroll
    in mozilla a long time ago, primarily because of the exact thing you
    describe - fast on IE and pitifully slow and stuttered on Moz. However,
    I seem to recall it had something to do with mouse settings. Try
    futzing with your mouse settings regarding scrolling and see what happens.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 10, 2005
  7. The Waker

    The Waker Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > The Waker wrote:

    >>> Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General
    >>>
    >>> Try setting Auto scrolling as opposed to Smooth scrolling, and see what
    >>> it does.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> I did that already. I can DO autoscrolling, it's just slow as ****.
    >>

    > I'm drawing on ancient memories here because I stopped using Autoscroll
    > in mozilla a long time ago, primarily because of the exact thing you
    > describe - fast on IE and pitifully slow and stuttered on Moz. However,
    > I seem to recall it had something to do with mouse settings. Try
    > futzing with your mouse settings regarding scrolling and see what happens.

    That's a good idea. I'll try re-installing my driver and playing with the
    settings.

    Thanks for your help.

    The Waker, Dec 10, 2005
  8. The Waker

    gwtc Guest

    I don't know if this will help: http://autoscroll.mozdev.org/

    gwtc, Dec 10, 2005
  9. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > The Waker wrote:

    >>> Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General
    >>>
    >>> Try setting Auto scrolling as opposed to Smooth scrolling, and see what
    >>> it does.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> I did that already. I can DO autoscrolling, it's just slow as ****.
    >>

    > I'm drawing on ancient memories here because I stopped using Autoscroll
    > in mozilla a long time ago, primarily because of the exact thing you
    > describe - fast on IE and pitifully slow and stuttered on Moz. However,
    > I seem to recall it had something to do with mouse settings. Try
    > futzing with your mouse settings regarding scrolling and see what happens.

    T'was about to be my suggestion, thanks Ed!

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 10, 2005
  10. The Waker

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> The Waker wrote:

    >>> I did that already. I can DO autoscrolling, it's just slow as ****.
    >>>

    >> I'm drawing on ancient memories here because I stopped using
    >> Autoscroll in mozilla a long time ago, primarily because of the exact
    >> thing you describe - fast on IE and pitifully slow and stuttered on
    >> Moz. However, I seem to recall it had something to do with mouse
    >> settings. Try futzing with your mouse settings regarding scrolling
    >> and see what happens.
    >>

    > T'was about to be my suggestion, thanks Ed!
    >
    > Lee

    Just did a little test without Autoscroll installed. I adjusted the
    vertical scrolling speed in the mouse control panel. Increasing the
    speed makes Mozilla scroll much faster (using the scroll wheel) but it
    makes IE scroll so fast it's almost unusable. If I remember correctly
    the same thing happened with the Autoscroll extension.

    The interesting thing, to me at least, is that on my new computer
    setting the scroll speed at its slowest still makes IE scroll too fast
    for my liking and Mozilla is nice. I gave up on Autoscroll before I got
    this new machine. I may have to give it another shot.

    I don't know why there's such a large discrepancy between the two apps
    but this is probably the problem with the Autoscroll extension.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 11, 2005