    anyone know how to configure the router & access point to work togther?

    Thanks,
    Marty
    Marty, May 29, 2007

  2. Marty

    Guest

    On 29-May-2007, "Marty" <> wrote:

    > Our home is an old farm house with solid stone walls (not
    > the best for wireless, I know).

    You might like to consider power line ethernet as an
    alternative.
    , May 29, 2007

  3. Marty

    Lem Guest

    Marty wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I had Verizon FIOS install at my house a few weeks ago. It came with a
    > wireless router. Our home is an old farm house with solid stone walls (not
    > the best for wireless, I know). About 2/3rds of the house gets a wireless
    > signal. I want to use a Linksys Access Point to extend the range. Does
    > anyone know how to configure the router & access point to work togther?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Marty

    MVP Jack has a good discussion on his website:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Note that if you are willing to do a little learning, you might want to
    investigate getting a Linksys WRT54GL or a Buffalo WHR G54S (or a used
    Linksys WRT54G v.4 or earlier from eBay or the like) and installing 3rd
    party firmware that will unlock a lot of the capability of the hardware
    that is unavailable through the stock firmware. For more info, see, e.g.:

    http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking