    on the router come off(seems permanently attached) to allow a stronger
    antenna to be attached (Radio Shack sells these)? If not, what ideas are
    there to extend the range?

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3V5aGFydA==?=, Dec 15, 2006

  2. The best Method to Extend Wireless Coverage depends heavily on the Specific
    Environment. Look at these pages, they describe most of the options that are
    within the means of Entry Level users, and choose the one that fits you
    environment best.
    Extending the Distance of Entry Level Wireless -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html
    Wirelessly Bridging Home / Network - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Hi Gain Antenna for Entry Level Wireless -
    http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    In general, the best Method involves using multiple units connected with
    wire to the source.
    Or using WDS ( Wireless Network, Configuration Modes -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html ).
    Wire connected Access Point (or a second Wireless Router configured as an
    Access Point) is better since WDS cuts the "Speed" into half past the
    repeating unit.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 15, 2006

  3. Thanks. But does the antenna on this model of router come off in order to at
    least try a $10 improved antenna as a potential solution?

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3V5aGFydA==?=, Dec 15, 2006
  4. Hi
    If you can not easily unscrew it is not coming off.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 15, 2006