    and would an external antenna then help to provide the signal? If so what
    kind of antenna?

    Thanks.

    Homer Jay, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Hi

    If you have a direct line of sight and No obstructions you can try to bridge
    with highly Directional Antennae, you need to place the Antennae Outdoors
    facing one the other.

    If you would like to maintain Wireless through each site as well, you would
    need two Wireless Routers, or Access Point s that can work as Bridges, or
    Clients ( http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html )

    Linksys and Netgear Wireless Routers do not do Bridging as is. You can use
    them as the inside Wireless devices and get two additional Wireless devices
    that can Bridge.

    These are a good Wireless Routers that can Bridge and it is in comparison to
    other devices is inexpensive.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833162173

    More info and type of setting here, http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).